Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I see voicesignal on the support page but NOT voicedialer - what am I missing! Thanks y’all
    VoiceSignal is the company that makes VoiceDialer. One in the same. Thats what you want.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Thank you - does anyone have just the prc, I cannot on my Mac seem to get it to download it. Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    I see voicesignal on the support page but NOT voicedialer - what am I missing! Thanks y’all
    That is the program. I too would recommend VoiceDial created by VoiceSignal because you don't have to train or predefine the contact list. Just speaking in a normal tone works fine for me...even at some distance away, like in the car cup holder.

I think the confusion is that the names of the Companies and softwares are very similar.

Company/product:
    VoiceSignal Technologies / VoiceDial
    VoiceIt Technologies(formerly Grover Industries) / Voice Dialer
    Jean-Francois MORREEUW / VoiceLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    You can definitely use VoiceDialer by speaking into the phone. In fact, it works from some distance away. I use a bluetooth headset too and I keep the treo in a holster on my waist. I can start voicedialer with the treo in the holster and it can still recognize my commands even while I'm driving on the highway.

I haven't registered yet, but I definitely will.

Brett
    I have been trying to figure out how you are using voice dial with the phone still in the holster. I try to use the side button to launch the voice dialer but it won't work until the display is lit up after pushing the green phone button. This is too distacting while driving. Is there an easier way to launch the voice dialer that I am not aware of?

P&D
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACHESandDIESE
    I have been trying to figure out how you are using voice dial with the phone still in the holster. I try to use the side button to launch the voice dialer but it won't work until the display is lit up after pushing the green phone button. This is too distacting while driving. Is there an easier way to launch the voice dialer that I am not aware of?

P&D
    I'm turning the phone on with my Bluetooth headset. By pressing the button on my bluetooth headset the phone will turn on, so I push the headset button, wait a second or two to make sure the phone is on, then hold down the side button. Obviously this won't work with a wired headset, but you can get wired headsets with buttons too... and you can configure the button on your wired headset to automatically start voice dial.

HTH,
    Brett
    New Treo650 user. Still struggling. I miss my phone and Clie. Most especially miss my ability to use a blue tooth headset to voice dial my phone. I downloaded Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal. Spoke to them and they said they are upgrading software in about a month, but I will still be unable to launch Voice Dial through the headset. VoiceSignal's website indicates that Palm is working on enabling this function. Anyone have an update if and when this will happen. I desperately want to abide by the law and be totally hands free when using my phone in the car!
    No US law that I am aware of requires hands free dialing....just hands free operation.

Frankly I have never touched my BT headset once placing it on my ear....the treo is mounted in a cradle 2-3" from my steering wheel.....to dial the phone I tap the side button w/o removing my hand from the wheel and say Call "Joe Blow". Alternately, I could take my hand off the wheel and move it 20-30" to my head but why would I want to do that at 10 times the distance ?

Before the cradle, I had the Treo in my shirt pocket or on the dash which was still a lot closer than my ear. Leaving the Treo in a holster while driving was just too uncomfortable, puts strain on the device parts and prevents me from seeing the screen so I can see if I wannna answer a call.

As for enabling it on the 650, I don't think it will ever happen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12