1.    #1  
    I recently updated my new 650 with the 1.08 update. When I hotsynch it hangs when it get's to contacts. I do have several third party apps but still use the original contact program and have no other apps that access contacts.

I tried a search but couldn't find anything pertaining to my problem. Thanks in advance for helping a Noob (at least to the 650)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Had the same problem. Your Contacts (address) pdb is fragged. Easiest way to handle it is delete it and re-sync.
  3.    #3  
    The only problem is I never got a good synch, if I do that won't I lose my entire address book?

I do use VFS Backup and could save it to my card but if the Db is fragged on the Treo wouldn't it just back up the problem?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Yeah, you'll lose it. The only thing you can do is go old school and write everything down or try to beam them to another handheld first. I was hit with the double whammy of having the contacts AND memo pdbs corrupted.
    I had the same issue and I believe that the corruption is only in the Palm contactsDB and not in Outlook. If you delete the contactdb and then hotsync using "desktop overwrites handheld" it should work out ok. The only thing you will lose is contacts not hotsynced since the last time. I would backup your contactsDB in BBVFS or whatever u use just in case but this should work.
    I, personally, had no other option than to delete the pdb. "Desktop overwrites handheld" isn't much use for writing to a corrupt file.
    alot of times if you open your TaskManager and kill OUTLOOK.EXE this will also allow the hotsync to complete...