1.    #1  
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Wow, from RC4 to release in nuthin' flat... [scampers off to install over the RC4 version]
    The podcast feature is great!! And they've fixed the annoying 650 bugs.
    <br>
    Upon closer examination, it still has a long ways to go as far as stability goes...
    <br>
  5.    #5  
    i dont have a clue can anybody help?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Go to playlist, click add, click HTTP or Podcast from the dropdown in the upper right.
  7.    #7  
    1st off thanks for the response. ok , now i have gotten that far, but if i wanna listen to say yadio or shoutcast (since the preset podcast are lame) i read the manual and did a search ( tried what the manual said it didnt work and my search mainly turned up peoples problems with streaming) i tried to enter yadio.com as a podcast and as http neither worked or i did something wrong, probably the latter . is anybody listen to shoutcast or yadio or something else besides talk radio with MMPlayer?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I just reinstalled and used my key for this POS because, after all, I paid $20 for it. What happens next you ask? The third time I exit the program, the screen goes white, the word "Expired" displays on the screen, the program literally counts down 28 seconds, and then it reboots my Treo. Why did I even bother? TCPMP hasn't crashed me once.
    Your just one unlucky guy.
    The podcast feature could be an absolute killer. The problems, though are many. Beginning with no background streaming and no progress indicator (how do I know how long it's going to take to download a list of podcasts)?
  11.    #11  
    anyone?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i got the list of podcasts, but clicked one and hit ok and nothing happens. anyone??
    I am able to stream podcasts. Hit playlist, add, choose podcast, select a dropdown, hit list, select a podcast, hit OK, hit the play button.

You can stream shoutcast and mp3 things, you just have to have the URL of the feed.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    OK, I take it back. Apart from that strange crash and reset, this podcasting feature is pretty neat. Not sure I'll ever use it, but it's interesting enough to keep MMPlayer on my SD Card.
    Downloaded v1.0 and before I could even try to play something, I noticed that it automatically wakes up my Treo. It then turns off after 30 sec. as per my power pref settings, only to go through the on-off cycle continuously, so I promptly unistalled this POS. Better luck next time MMplayer developers.
  16.    #16  
    i tried to type in the urls of at least 20 radio stations from shoutcast no luck . if anybody can get this to work please post it cause i hate to go buy pocket tunes.

WGCI

Here is one url to try and any hiphop or r&b stations i will try or anything from shoutcast. plz help i just wanna listen to streaming music

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  17.    #17  
    i tried this one from shout cast and nothing, i loaded it up fine in winamp.

http://66.246.59.69:8660/listen.pls
    Last edited by Franko515; 05/19/2005 at 06:44 AM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18.    #18  
    back to tpmcp, and no streaming for me

Palm Pre (Sprint)