1.    #1  
    I'm a new Treo 650 owner from Verizon and like the Verichat for my MSN contacts. However, I'd like it to stay on all day.... but after the Treo's screen shuts off... about 10 minutes later or so I am disconnected from MSN.

Is there a setting I don't have right? I have my connection set to 'always on data' with the Verichat program. What can I do??
    Use SMS mode and save battery too.
  3.    #3  
    I don't want to use SMS mode... that cost me money everytime to receive (and send). I don't see the need to pay everytime someone sends me a chat message.

Any other logical ideas to keep my connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    I don't want to use SMS mode... that cost me money everytime to receive (and send). I don't see the need to pay everytime someone sends me a chat message.

Any other logical ideas to keep my connection?
    Do you have "sign-in" automatically set on this IM account in VeriChat? If not, VeriChat will not reconnect.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    Do you have "sign-in" automatically set on this IM account in VeriChat? If not, VeriChat will not reconnect.
    yes, it's set that way already
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    yes, it's set that way already
    Can you write to us at support@pdaapps.com and we can connect you with an engineer here. Thanks!
    I have this same problem and am using the VZW 650 with the unlimited data plan. When I go into standby mode, I loose the connection. My settings are exactly the same as the other user. Similarly, I don't want to pay the SMS charge and since I use Trillian at work, maintaining this connectivity while out of the office is very beneficial to me.

Should I contact you too?
    I think it would be beneficial for the forum to see some sort of answer on this. I have teh same problem and can only assume other users do too.
  9.    #9  
    i did not have a chance to write to their support group... but hoping there's an answer as well. have you tried any other chat programs? do they work any better?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyNupe
    I have this same problem and am using the VZW 650 with the unlimited data plan. When I go into standby mode, I loose the connection. My settings are exactly the same as the other user. Similarly, I don't want to pay the SMS charge and since I use Trillian at work, maintaining this connectivity while out of the office is very beneficial to me.

Should I contact you too?
    Try deleting VeriChat and installing afresh from a clean download of v2.84b. If that does not work, please write to us at support@pdaapps.com
    Try deleting VeriChat and installing afresh from a clean download of v2.84b. If that does not work, please write to us at support@pdaapps.com
    PDAapps - I just downloaded Verichat on Wednesday and have version 2.84b on my Treo. Are you suggesting that I uninstall and re-install the app again? How likely is it that I would get a different version in 2 days?
    doesn't sms mode only send sms's when you are in standby mode? Once you receive a sms and go into verichat and start a conversation it uses the network connection, right? At least that's how I thought it worked.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    doesn't sms mode only send sms's when you are in standby mode? Once you receive a sms and go into verichat and start a conversation it uses the network connection, right? At least that's how I thought it worked.
    Yes, that is how it works. But you will get a SMS when not in standby if you are using the Treo in another app.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyNupe
    PDAapps - I just downloaded Verichat on Wednesday and have version 2.84b on my Treo. Are you suggesting that I uninstall and re-install the app again? How likely is it that I would get a different version in 2 days?
    We need to look at this more. Can you write to us at support@pdaapps.com please?

PDAapps
    I have the same problem. The related issue is that you cannot see me "online" when I am in standby mode. So, no one knows that I am available.

Whats up?
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    I have the same problem. The related issue is that you cannot see me "online" when I am in standby mode. So, no one knows that I am available.

Whats up?
    Your configuration is probably set to not keep you always on (which is a valid operating mode supported by VeriChat). Please write to us at support@pdaapps.com and reference TreoCentral.

Thanks

PDAapps
    Your configuration is probably set to not keep you always on (which is a valid operating mode supported by VeriChat). Please write to us at support@pdaapps.com and reference TreoCentral.

Thanks

PDAapps
    Actually it IS set to keep me always on. Still does not.

I like Verichat, but I am going to start to shop around for better IM software that work as reported
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    Actually it IS set to keep me always on. Still does not.

I like Verichat, but I am going to start to shop around for better IM software that work as reported
    If you write to us at support@pdaapps.com, this back-and-forth can become easier.

Are you set to using Always-on with data or SMS? Are your accounts set to sign-in automatically when connected?

You may want to try doing the following:

1) Make sure you have the latest version of VeriChat, v2.84b
    2) "Re-configure VeriChat" using the menu option for this in the main VeriChat screen.
    3) Now soft-reset.

PDAapps