1. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I was wondering about people's experiences with Qmate and Pocket Quicken. I use Qmate and love it, but really miss the direct sync with Quicken that Pocket Quicken offers. However, in my limited experience with Pocket Quicken it seemed to not have an auto fill feature that would remember my common entries and fill in the blanks for me. When I am standing in the checkout line entering stuff, it is great to not have to write every letter! Just wondering what others feel. Also, I know that Steve Dakin (creator of Qmate) has said he is working on a conduit to Quicken, but he hasn't updated the product or anything since February! Has anyone heard anything new about his plans?

SCM
    Originally posted by SCM
    However, in my limited experience with Pocket Quicken it seemed to not have an auto fill feature that would remember my common entries and fill in the blanks for me
    It certainly does have that feature! :-) I'm not sure, though, if it gets the autocomplete info from a sync with Quicken, or from data you enter on your handheld, or both. It definitely does do autocomplete, though.
    SCM,
    I tried both but decided to go with QMate because it didn't have the direct conduit to Quicken. My wife and I have two networked computers. We both enter info in QMate, and both of our Palms sync with one .qif file on a shared network drive. Then, I can import checkbook entries from both our Palms by importing that one file. It didn't appear to me that Pocket Quicken would allow both of us to do entries since we sync with two different computers.