1.    #1  
    Similar to turning off the wireless mode while on a plane or something, is there a program that will turn the pda mode off, so that if i want to use the phone but not use any of the pda functions, like the contacts or calendar i can do that?
    thanks
    Well...either it is on, or it is off (rather suspended).

If you just want to use the phone, press the Green Phone button. Press the Red when you're done.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    ok, Ill Bite,,,,,
    Why is this a concern?
    The only way I know to turn off "just" the pda functions is to.....ta dah! Buy a cell phone!!

Sorry...had to do it. For what purpose would you be wanting to do this?
    From my understanding of the Treo: battery feeds PDA, PDA feeds phone...you cannot have the Battery feed the Phone, its either phone on or off, while PDA mode remains. If you want you can take out the battery completly
    I'm guessing the OP doesn't want to be interrupted by alarms, etc, while on the phone. Which begs the question, if it's not important to be alerted, why set an alarm in the first place? But perhaps there's a third-party app that provides the option of suppressing any alerts while on a call, and popping them up at the end of the call.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I think this goes back to the whole Gartner review...is the Treo a phone with a pda or a pda with a phone?

Based on the power options, pda always on - phone off/on - I'd say it's a pda with a phone
    Or maybe Treoguy1234 just wanted to see who would come out of the woodwork on this one. . . . .

It's a pda w/ a phone. (See my signature line for my historical bias.)

jetkins in post 6 probably has the reason . . . . and has anybody run across such an application to delay alarms and alerts while on a phone call? Sounds like a winner.

Treoguy1234?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    jetkins in post 6 probably has the reason . .

Treoguy1234?
    If it's not the reason, he better claim it!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Off topic -- Insertion -- you are always in the top 5 of my favorite "reads" in this forum.

Cheers, Perry.
    Off topic -- Insertion -- you are always in the top 5 of my favorite "reads" in this forum.

Cheers, Perry.
    Thank you. And I second that. I am also in my top five favorite reads!

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    And I'll second using Treoguard to surpress alarms while on the phone. One time in a conversation with sudden LOUD interruption is enough to realize that you don't want alarms going off in your ear (and the ear on the other end).
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
    Quote Originally Posted by srparr
    And I'll second using Treoguard to surpress alarms while on the phone. One time in a conversation with sudden LOUD interruption is enough to realize that you don't want alarms going off in your ear (and the ear on the other end).

http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/product.asp?id=545

Neat, you racked up one sale for them.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/product.asp?id=545

Neat, you racked up one sale for them.

Cheers, Perry.

Enjoy! No commission required! (and no, I'm not affiliated ... just a happy user).
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
  15.    #16  
    it does seem that treo guard takes care of the alarm problem, which was the issue to begin with. I am often on the phone and then in the middle of a call it beeps or the alarms goes off, it is kind of annoying.
    Thanks for the idea
    If the alarm is turned off during the phone call, what hapens to the alarm? Otherwise, the appointment will be missed if not reminded, no? Does it go off when the call is finished?
    The alarm will sound once the call is over, I think. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what's happened the few times I've been on the phone when an alarm sounded.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Ok, thanks. I'll have to test it.