1.    #1  
    According to CNET's Cell Phone Radiation Chart, the Treo 650 (gsm) makes it to #7 out of the top 10 phones with highest radiation levels.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602_7-...net&tag=subnav
    Quote Originally Posted by ronstoney
    According to CNET's Cell Phone Radiation Chart, the Treo 650 (gsm) makes it to #7 out of the top 10 phones with highest radiation levels.

I couldn't see the CDMA Treo 650 in the list. Any reason to suspect it would be any different?

Rob
    I guess i can get rid of my microwave and just cook popcorn on the phone..NICE
    Quote Originally Posted by ronstoney

and...?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    i think this has been posted about 5 times already

and look another thing is what doesnt give you cancer, everything does...evening breathing and being outside

and two it isnt that bad...i glow green at night..some of the ladies find it sexy..
    Quote Originally Posted by robcox
    I couldn't see the CDMA Treo 650 in the list. Any reason to suspect it would be any different?

Rob
    Another reason why CDMA Treos are better than GSM?

Al
  7.    #7  
    You're right, it has been posted 5 times, but the ranking keeps moving up (Previously #9). What's wrong with posting updated information?
    but what is the point behind this..the SAR values are just there....look unless you duct tape your phone your head or to your genitals the SAR value inheritly is useless
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ....look unless you duct tape your phone your head or to your genitals the SAR value inheritly is useless
    Uh Oh...I may have a problem
    ^just start yelling out names...those names you're yelling out correspond to your unborn children that you have just vaporized
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    i think this has been posted about 5 times already

and look another thing is what doesnt give you cancer, everything does...evening breathing and being outside

and two it isnt that bad...i glow green at night..some of the ladies find it sexy..
    I thought you were wearing that radiation blocking hood and mitt to protect against the glow. Or is it to conseal it?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    ^just start yelling out names...those names you're yelling out correspond to your unborn children that you have just vaporized
    My wife already thinks I have a problem with this phone (asked me the other day if I had given my new "girlfriend" a name). Start that up and she's sure to through it out while I sleep!
    I believe the manual for VZW Treo 650 says level is at 1.50. That is a bit high it seems.
    please...you get more radiation from standing in front of your microwave than talking on a cell phone...

I am sure this has been debated a LOT here already...I am just waiting for a confirmed case...they havn't found one yet...

WOO HOO! Why didn't anybody tell me that my t650 is also a contraceptive device!
    Just a quick, semi-related question. I had a customer in the other day who said it was absolute law overseas that all "digital" electronics have a "Smart magnet" installed to "dissipate the radiation" . Now I did not believe him. I do not believe him. He was not trying to sell me these little discs, but he did tell me I could buy them for $39.99 a pair, and one pair would be enough to save my hip bone from cancer for a year. My question to my overseas Treo brethren is this: Not "Is this true?" because I know it's not. My question is "Do people over there have better selling techniques than we do in the 'States? Because this guy seemed relatively intelligent (for an American you understand) and yet he had totally fallen for whoever sold him this load of horse-****!?! Somebody help me out!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I did a quick search on how much better off you are using a bluetooth headset rather than sticking your phone next to your head. I found an interesting article by BusinessWeek that basically says the SAR value from a BT headset is much, much less:

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...50427_5651.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by SFTreo650
    I did a quick search on how much better off you are using a bluetooth headset rather than sticking your phone next to your head. I found an interesting article by BusinessWeek that basically says the SAR value from a BT headset is much, much less:

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...50427_5651.htm
    Ummm...yeah the guy I mentioned earlier told me a BT headset was even worse. Like having a Dremmel put into your ear and turned on. There's no way that guy lied to me, no matter what Businessweek says!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    IF you're interested in how the CDMA Treo 650 compares, it's about the same. At this link: https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...O8FMADECA'

Click on the "SAR Report Revised" link to get more information than you ever wanted about the SAR measurements for the CDMA Treo 650. It's actually very interesting how the lab tests this. All I can say is, I'm lucky to have a hands-free system in my car, and love to use the speakerphone on this thing...
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G