1.    #1  
    For some reason my quickinstall wont install anything during a hotsync. I tried removing everything from the quick install list to try and start over but have had no luck. Anyone know what the problem is?
    Has the quickinstall ever worked?
    Do you have more then one user name? Are you requesting the right name?

Either way, it sounds like the quick install program could be corrupted. Someone else may have a less painful answer -- but uninstalling and reinstalling the Palm desktop may be a solution. (Your data should be saved automatically during the uninstall and reappear on the reinstall. If not, the data is still in your Treo.)

Good Luck.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Thanx Perry. Its an extreme PITA to reinstall anything at the office (authorizations, IT guys, BS). Can you think of any way to purge the quick install without reinstalling the Palm Desk Software?
    Does everything else hotsync ok? What kind of files are you trying to install? (.prc, .pdb, something else?)

Check the install directory in your PalmOne folder:

Program file\Palmone\hotsync-id\install

And see if there might be some corrupt file in there causing the problem. (First, I guess you'd better make sure this folder exists.)

Also, how are you trying to do the install? Try several different approaches: Move a .prc file to the install directory directly. Double click on a .prc file located somewhere else. Click the QuickInstall icon on the Palm Desktop and drop and drag a file to the window. Do any of these things make any difference?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    What he said . .. (meyerweb above)
  6.    #6  
    [QUOTE=meyerweb]Check the install directory in your PalmOne folder:

Program file\Palmone\hotsync-id\install

And see if there might be some corrupt file in there causing the problem. (First, I guess you'd better make sure this folder exists.)[QUOTE]

This seemed to work. Thanx Meyerweb