1.    #1  
    At the Datebk web site.

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

This should help in situations where the only option was to beam the information to another handheld.

This is a quote from the Yahoo group where the author participates:

"This version of DbScan creates a new database, copies the valid records from the corrupt database, then deletes the corrupt database and makes the new database look like the original. This solved my problem as the deleted
    records are now removed from a database NOT being monitored by the DM patch, so dbScan can close it out with all the fixes.

It also includes a NEITHER button on the opening screen so you can go
    directly to this option without having dbScan look for the palmSource
    datebook database (which the DM patch sees as a signal to create that entire database - again under some conditions, it would crash as it tried to do that!).

So by selecting NEITHER on the opening screen, you can get directly to the
    REMOVE ALL DELETED RECORDS item which now includes separate options for
    removing them from the PalmSource PIM mirror databases (which is what dbScan was doing before) and a new option to remove deleted records directly from the proprietary PIM databases while bypassing the DM patch. I also included options to delete the PalmSource Pim databases directly (which in theory should leave the proprietary counterparts untouched, although sometimes the DM Patch removes the proprietary database as well) as that is useful in working on some of these problems.

In general, if you run into a DmWrite error or a hanging conduit, run this
    V-1.9 release, tap on NEITHER button on startup and select REMOVE ALL
    DELETED RECORDS from the OPTIONS Menu, tap on the PalmOne button and update the proprietary PalmOne Databases directly - this appears to have the best chance of fixing the problems...."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Is this saying that the new verion of DBscan will support scanning/fixing the new database formats used by the Treo650? The previous version of DBscan would create a duplicate database and scan it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Where do you see that this is a new version?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Well, it's newer than the version I had (1.07 to 1.09a.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Where do you see that this is a new version?
    The author announced it on the DateBk mailing list.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    There have now been several reports on the DateBk mailing list, of problems with this latest version of DbScan deleting category information from to-do's and appointments. Until this is resolved, I recommend against using V-1.9a.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    What is interesting - it is actually a feature and warns that it will be doing it to clear up some other problem. Can be solved by backing out.
    OK, an updated version (V-1.9b) is now available at http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/dbscan.zip
    Will this fix a corrupt contact database?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    More importantly... does it have a better looking icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Will this fix a corrupt contact database?
    Yes, I believe it works on both the Contacts and Calendar databases.