1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I just ran into this issue tonight; every time I HotSync, it reinstalls all of my apps that already exist on my Treo. In fact, it keeps trying to reinstall applications that I've deleted months ago. The last thing I did prior to this issue was uninstalling AvantGo (if that helps).

I would really appreciate it if someone could list step-by-step instructions on what I have to do to resolve this issue. Btw, I did a quick search but couldn't find a definitive step-by-step resolution.

Thanks, in advance!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Interesting. I am not sure why it is trying to do this on a regular Hot Sync. Usually this only happens when you are doing a sync after a hard re-set and the restore process restores everything in the back up folder.

Anyway, try deleting the programs you do not want re-installed out of the backup directory on your pc. (Program Files / Palm / user name / Backup)

This should drive a stake thru the reappearing program's heart.

But I am still concerned with why your Treo is doing this, on a normal Hot Sync.

Good Luck.
    Do you have multiple profiles on your Palm Desktop?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Rename your backup folder to something like "backup_old", then hotsync to backup your Treo. Then you will have the most current apps as a backup in the "newly" created backup folder.
    Check the settings for the system conduit and make sure it is set to sync (and not desktop overwrites handheld)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Rename your backup folder to something like "backup_old", then hotsync to backup your Treo. Then you will have the most current apps as a backup in the "newly" created backup folder.
    Ah, thanks!! That resolved the problem. Man, you've saved me a lot of time and headache.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Do you have multiple profiles on your Palm Desktop?
    Btw, I don't have multiple profiles on my Palm Desktop.

Thanks to all who have replied.