Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched the forums but could not find a thread that discussed how to purchase movie tickets using the Treo 650. I'm using the Sprint 650 with the updated software.

However, I cannot seem to get movietickets.com to work with Blazer. I can make it the whole way, except to the point where I need to confirm the purchase. Both Javascript and cookies are enabled.

Any tips on how to buy movie tickets with the 650? I wish there was an easy way. It'd be nice to lookup showtimes over dinner, then buy tickets before rolling out to the theater.

I prefer movietickets.com because sadly that's the only site I know of that sells tickets online for the theater I prefer.
    Star Wars, ehh? I'm gonna try moviewatcher.com tomorrow, i'll keep you posted.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    have u tried www.fandango.com?
    I'm almost certain you can do this with Express. The program costs money of course, but it's great.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I'm almost certain you can do this with Express. The program costs money of course, but it's great.
    Which program is this?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    have u tried www.fandango.com?
    Can't buy movies for my theater with Fandango.com.
    Nope, moviewatcher no worky either, sorry.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I just played with Express on my 650 and could not find any options for buying tickets. (express.handmark.com) Express is cool though, a news clipper. Express came on my PalmOne CD and you can get a month-long trial version for free. A year costs $70 bucks I think, and perhaps if I had an unlimited data plan It would be worth it.

What about Vindigo? (for buying movie tix I mean).
    -mbd26
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thanks for the link Franko! I've been looking for a local theater site...

Unfortunately, no pre-release movie info. Nothing for Star Wars yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    I just played with Express on my 650 and could not find any options for buying tickets. (express.handmark.com)
    Hey, go to movies in Express, select your movie, and one of the options should be "buy tickets". Tap "buy tickets" and the rest will follow!

Does that require a paid subscription to Express perhaps? I'm running the trial...
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Can and did. Long live the Treo! Long live Express!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I can't get the "Buy Tickets" prompt on my 650 with Express. Perhaps none of my theatres are participating.
    as I've used Express to buy tickets & such, I've noticed that only certain theater chains (AMC for ex) allow you to buy tickets via the site. I will say that the buying process is very slick and very Treo-licious - one handed and all. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    as I've used Express to buy tickets & such, I've noticed that only certain theater chains (AMC for ex) allow you to buy tickets via the site. I will say that the buying process is very slick and very Treo-licious - one handed and all. Very nice.
    ...now that I think about it, the one theater I have on here that's not AMC doesn't allow me to buy tickets, but it's in my hometown of St. Mary's Georgia and they won't even let you in with a cellphone! "Those are from the devil!" Just kidding. However I do believe the theater has to participate, you're right!
    It'll be fun.
    No AMC theatres in my neck of the woods. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose
    No AMC theatres in my neck of the woods. Bummer.
    "No AMC's?" Excuse me, did you just say "No AMC's"? How the f*@& do you live without AMC movie theaters?!?! That's appaling!!! Seriously though, there's gotta be a big chain of theaters up there. Tell me where you are (City, state, and zip) and I'll tell you if any theaters come up on Express that'll let you buy tickets from the phone. Big town like Pittsburgh you'd think there'd be a few? Aren't you guys about to have free wi-fi in like everyinch of the city or some such thing? Wait, that's Philly isn't it? Nevermind. Lemme know.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515

Excellent site! Thanks! FYI, this is showing some theatres in my area that allow ticket purchases, and others that are not.
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkelf
    However, I cannot seem to get movietickets.com to work with Blazer. I can make it the whole way, except to the point where I need to confirm the purchase. Both Javascript and cookies are enabled.
    I have the EXACT same problem trying to pay my AMEX bill. I get all through everthing except the final click, which would confirm my purchase, and I get sent back a page, to where I'm asked, again, to say how much I want to pay. AMEX folks PROMISED I'd get a call back to discuss this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast