1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a program that would sync with the Palm OS calendar & contact database but that could be run from the card and hence survive a hard reset.

(Here's why: I was traveling when my 650 went into a reset loop. I could interrupt it with a warm reset, but it went back into the loop when I turned on my phone. So, I did a hard reset and then a restore from Backupbuddy NVFS, but whatever it was that was that was causing the reset loop was also restored. So, to use the phone, I had to perform another hard reset. What I would like is an application that I could run from the card and that kept its own databases on the card, so it wouldn't matter if I had just done a hard reset.)

Thanks.
    and that will sync with the PIM databases on demand (or schedule). Good idea.

Let us know if you find any. Most such calendar programs run from the RAM because they need to wake up and pop the alarms etc... Still, your idea is a good one for critical data like contacts and calendar, tasks etc.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    I was traveling when my 650 went into a reset loop. I could interrupt it with a warm reset, but it went back into the loop when I turned on my phone. So, I did a hard reset and then a restore from Backupbuddy NVFS, but whatever it was that was that was causing the reset loop was also restored. So, to use the phone, I had to perform another hard reset.
    Either you have the non-Pro version of BBFS, or you need to start making better use of it.

Using the Advanced mode of BBVFSpro, you could have selected a subset of your data to restore, omitting whatever it was that had resently changed to cause the reset loop. Failing that, if you had still had to do a hard reset, you could still have used BBVFSpro to restore only your contacts and calendar databases.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Check out Key Suite by Chapura, not sure if the DB will work from SD but the programs themeselves will. www.palmgear.com/?xyz=50164
    Kenny West
    www.palmgear.com
    The main feature is for the program and the data to be on the SD card.

I guess there is no such calendar/PIM out there ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A