1.    #1  
    Hey,
    I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm got a 650 and I am using the stand alone crossword product. I wnat to download the ny times puzzles. Any help with the one stop option stand alone offers? Currently I have to launch my browser and download the puzzle then play it. When I copy the url and plaste it to the app. it says it is not a valid url. My guess is that the url only goes to the page where the puzzle is and not to the actual download address. (I'm guessing this because I still have to select the puzzle when I download it manually and that is the url I use. I don't know how to get the url I need for the actual download.)
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
    What url are you trying to use?
    Ah, that looks like it ends up at a web page. The download link that crossword would understand is a file that ends in ".puz" (across lite crossword format). If you search around on that page can you find a link to a .puz file? If so, use that link in crossword. You may have lick looking at the page source (view menu -> source in IE), and searching for ".puz"
  4.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick reply. The bummer is that URL is about the only thing I understand... The rest of your reply was pretty much Greek to me.
    I'll try to hunt and peck my way around or just skip it.

Thanks again,
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlag
    Hey,
    I'm new here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm got a 650 and I am using the stand alone crossword product. I wnat to download the ny times puzzles. Any help with the one stop option stand alone offers? Currently I have to launch my browser and download the puzzle then play it. When I copy the url and plaste it to the app. it says it is not a valid url. My guess is that the url only goes to the page where the puzzle is and not to the actual download address. (I'm guessing this because I still have to select the puzzle when I download it manually and that is the url I use. I don't know how to get the url I need for the actual download.)
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I use Crossword 365 from Handmark. It's the best.