1.    #1  
    Another discussion board mentioned that the Treo 600 can beam photos at the CVC drug store photo developer machine/computer. I tried and it works great. It appears one can only beam one photo at a time and once each selected and beamed photo appears on the monitor, the customer can edit each one, etc. and have them print them on glossy paper on the spot.

My particular CVC store recently opened near me. The PC has a mouse-looking device that the phone is pointed to. There was Velcro on the side of the PC for the mouse-looking device but they just had it resting on top of the PC box behind the monitor.

I imagine other phones with beam or blue tooth will work.

The service person at first told me only "blue tooth" would work. Treo 600s do not have blue tooth but do "beam." Her machine onscreen instructions made it appear my device would not work. However, I asked her to let me try and it worked fine. As the photo "beams," the monitor shows a counter rolling fast as the jpeg uploads.

Robert, Austin, Texas, situs of Rose Bowl trophy
    like I said in the general chat...this works great and its only 29 cents.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing this tidbit. Didn't know this was possible. There are two CVS stores within a couple of miles of me. I'll have to check it out.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Just wondering, given the 600's camera isn't all that great, is it even worth it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Just wondering, given the 600's camera isn't all that great, is it even worth it?
    Yeah, its a constant reminder that I should upgrade to the T650 whenever I view the pictures from my T600. Or whenever I squint at the grainy screen while playing MicroQuad for that matter. But some of the pictures come out surprisingly good.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Yeah, its a constant reminder that I should upgrade to the T650 whenever I view the pictures from my T600. Or whenever I squint at the grainy screen while playing MicroQuad for that matter. But some of the pictures come out surprisingly good.
    Well, I should've included the 650 as well. They're not even 0.5 megapixel cameras. I was just wondering how good can it be? It's a cool idea, just need a better camera.

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    the pics prints out great, esp at CVS stores that have the Noritsu photo lab. the Kodak G3 digital station allows you to optimize the pics, lighten/darken...zoom...add text....add frames....

they really do look good. i do it all the time...im an asst manager at CVS
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Well, I should've included the 650 as well. They're not even 0.5 megapixel cameras. I was just wondering how good can it be? It's a cool idea, just need a better camera.

I hear you and mostly agree. But I'd pay $0.29 to print this (attachment) out and give it to the wife or the little one who went on the hike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Or whenever I squint at the grainy screen while playing MicroQuad for that matter.
    I love playing this game on my 600 as well. I know it would look awesome on the 650.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    If you use Qset to max out resolution (set it to 99) so that your jpegs are 640x480 you can print very nice 6x4s.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    we installed the new 5.0 software in our kodak G3 today and the option to print from cell phones/pdas is gone...this may be an error though. ill keep everyone updated on that
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Beantown,

Looks like a shot from Blue Hills.

A while back there was a treo picture thread where pics were posted and a few regarding image quality were also running. I was pretty impressed with lots of the posted pics taking into cosideration the low resolution camera. Proper lighting seems to be the key. I have taken a few that are very acceptable for web/email and electronic display, I don't really distribute paper copies anymore.

The key is that if you did need to get a paper copy of an image, this is a good option vs. printing, chopping, cutting from the PC without having to invest in photo paper, high quality printer and ink which can be expensive.

Having the Treo with you and being able to snap a pic anytime has a huge advantage for everyday use.