1.    #1  
    I have a new Verizon Treo 650 and since this is my first Palm Smartphone, I have a few questions I'm hoping ya'll can answer:

1) are the pictures associated with a contact record only stored in phone memory.. or can i store them on storage card? if I take the pic via the contact entry... it doesn't seem to let me store elsewhere... and i don't want to fill up the memory with all my contact pics.

2) Is there anyway for hotsync to actually 'active' sync like microsoft versions? seems annoying to have to remember to hit the hotsync button... why isn't it a live sync process?

3) can the phone 'location' feature be used for any app's? if not, should I just leave it set to '911 only'?

4) What is 'Flash Mode'??? I don't get it. If you are on the call and hit the send button... you enter flash mode.... what is that?

5) If this treo breaks and I get a new one... and then hotsync the new one on my computer... will all files and programs be reinstalled automatically... including preferences, etc.? or do i have to start over?

MANY THANKS!
    1) Yes, just copy the picture over to the SD card in the pic and video app.
    2) No. Palm OS has always been this way. Personally, I prefer it this way.
    3) At this time, no. Maybe we will see more use of it down the road.
    4) Not srue what you mean.
    5) Yes. but you may lose a few minor "unsaved" preferences. You might want to invest into a backup program just in case.
    Last edited by Rome; 05/16/2005 at 06:02 PM.
    4. If you have call waiting, and another person calls you while you are speaking on the line, you press the green (send) button to enter "Flash mode". All this means is that when you push the send button, you are transferred to the other call and the first call is placed on hold until you press the send button again. Very simple.

HTH
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    4. If you have call waiting, and another person calls you while you are speaking on the line, you press the green (send) button to enter "Flash mode". All this means is that when you push the send button, you are transferred to the other call and the first call is placed on hold until you press the send button again. Very simple.

HTH
    yeah, but it enters 'flash mode' when you push the green send button EVEN if you don't have call waiting. i thought this was a 'smart' phone.
    That would be for 3 way calling. I haven't actually tested 3 way calling on my 650, but on my old Motorola Startac, you'd dial a number, hit the send button to dial it and then send again to connect both calls together.
    On the Treo, Send = green phone button.