1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've posted re: this issue before. Some kind folks offered suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't work! Help!!!

I want to access my work email via MS Webmail. I could do this no trouble with the Treo 600. Blazer won't let me do it on my 650. Avant Go appeared to be the next best browser suggestion but it won't let me do it either!

If I try and access Webmail via AG it starts to build the page (which is further than Blazer got me!) but then gives me an error message along the lines of using a browser that supports window frames and to go to Microsoft and download a compatible browser! But there isn't an MS browser that works with the Treo 650, is there?

This is proving to be a real pain for me! I need to get access to my work email and with my company not supporting a direct link right now Webmail is my only route! There's a price 4-pack in it for whoever can solve this problem for me!!
    You don't mention which version of MS Exchange your company uses and I don't know if that makes a difference as long as it's Exchange 2000 or later.. We just recently switched to Exchange 2003 and I can access MS Outlook Web with no problems. I even did it on Exchange 2000, but Exchange 2003 is better because it has built in support for mobile devices so the display is better.

I access mine by going to http://www.companywebsitename.com/exchange and it prompts me for a PW and I log in. Perhaps your company accesses it differently?

BTW, I do use the Blazer browser.
    Last edited by v3treonut; 05/16/2005 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added comment.
    Your carrier may be the problem. Cingular set me up on WAP in the beginning and it limited my access to the net. Go to Pref-Network and look at your settings to see how you are connecting to the net. I can offer the ISP and ISPDA username info if you are on Cingular. It may help you, it helped me and made the connection faster too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy21
    Your carrier may be the problem. Cingular set me up on WAP in the beginning and it limited my access to the net. Go to Pref-Network and look at your settings to see how you are connecting to the net. I can offer the ISP and ISPDA username info if you are on Cingular. It may help you, it helped me and made the connection faster too.
    If you have this info I'd also like to have it. I'm connecting via WAP, but have read here I think that ISP gives a faster connection.
    Thanks
    I don't claim to be the author of this information. I found it here or in another forum. I just wish that I could cite the source.

You have 2 default entries in your Pref-Network screen:
    Cingular GPRS
    Cingular CSD

You should be using the Cingular GPRS setting. This setting is configured to use wap.cingular. This network profile is the default GPRS/EDGE connection from Cingular.

It should look like this--
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1 (it will say assigned on your screen)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Under Details: Fallback=NONE

For ISP, create a new profile using the following:
    I call mine "Cingular ISP" but you can name it anything you like.

Connection:GPRS
    User Name:ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    or you may use:ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    APN:isp.cingular

Note that ISPDA user name gives you enhanced compression. ISP user name is just normal without compression.

I have all three profiles set up on my Treo and to be honest, I cannot see any advantage to the ISPDA so I just leave mine on the ISP.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys,

You're the best! I really appreciate all your advice. However, I'm not sure it hits the nail right on the head for me. Webmail is an website that MS provides that anyone can get access to but you'd need the right passwords to access your work email, obviously. It kind of circumvents needing a VPN on the computer you are working on. This enables me to access my work email from a public computer or previously my Treo 600.

The error I'm getting with the browsers I've tried so far is that they can't show the windows display that Webmail uses - several windows with different scroll bars. Like I said, the Treo 600 had no issues with this. The 650 does!

Does anyone know of a browser that can support a site with multi-windows? That's what I need to find and download.

Thanks again for all your continuing help!
    I use MS Webmail with Webpro. I also had problems running it through Blazer. There is a link buried in here somewhere that has a free version of Webpro. Using Webpro, MS Webmail is smooth and quick!!
    I don't claim to be the author of this information. I found it here or in another forum. I just wish that I could cite the source.

I have all three profiles set up on my Treo and to be honest, I cannot see any advantage to the ISPDA so I just leave mine on the ISP.

I really appreciate this. It's just what I was looking for. I will give it a try.
  9.    #9  
    Brilliant!! I'll do a search for Webpro, download it and hopefully be in good shape! I've always loved the Canadians! I have family in Montreal and you guys are alright!!

Thanks again
    Hey TAZZZZZZ. You're in luck buddy!!! PM me with your email address. I still have the prc
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    Hey guys,

You're the best! I really appreciate all your advice. However, I'm not sure it hits the nail right on the head for me. Webmail is an website that MS provides that anyone can get access to but you'd need the right passwords to access your work email, obviously. It kind of circumvents needing a VPN on the computer you are working on. This enables me to access my work email from a public computer or previously my Treo 600.

The error I'm getting with the browsers I've tried so far is that they can't show the windows display that Webmail uses - several windows with different scroll bars. Like I said, the Treo 600 had no issues with this. The 650 does!

Does anyone know of a browser that can support a site with multi-windows? That's what I need to find and download.

Thanks again for all your continuing help!
    I am accessing Outlook on the web on my T650 exactly as you describe, so it's sort of weird to me that you're having this problem with Blazer. I just type in the web address I gave in my first response, but with my company's web name and Blazer opens a window asking for my user ID and password. I enter that and it opens Web Outlook just as it does on my or any public PC.

Is it possible that you need to type the web address as a secure address? Use https://www. . . instead of http://www. . . It seems to me that from some locations in the past I've had to do this, but not sure if applies with the Treo. It may depending on how your carrier's wireless access is configured.

I checked my Blazer settings and do not see anything that could affect this. Just to note I do not have anything disabled in the Preferences Options; e.g., Java, etc.

You have 2 default entries in your Pref-Network screen:
    Cingular GPRS
    Cingular CSD

You should be using the Cingular GPRS setting. This setting is configured to use wap.cingular. This network profile is the default GPRS/EDGE connection from Cingular.

It should look like this--
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1 (it will say assigned on your screen)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Under Details: Fallback=NONE

For ISP, create a new profile using the following:
    I call mine "Cingular ISP" but you can name it anything you like.

Connection:GPRS
    User Name:ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    or you may use:ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    APN:isp.cingular

Note that ISPDA user name gives you enhanced compression. ISP user name is just normal without compression.

This information is available on Cingular's website. There is no secret to it... that's because unless you have been provisioned by cingular (ie. thru signing up for their higher priced pda plan), you won't be able to connect using these settings.
    Blazer works fine for me, too. And I do have to access it as an https (secure) site.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.