1. sat
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have FW 1.21 installed on my Unlocked GSM 650, and I've done a hard reset with the convoluted memory clear option.

I'm seeing an issue of the Hotsync ID disappearing after a couple of days. Is this some sort of serious corruption that I should be worrying about? Is there a way to reset the hotsync ID without hotsyncing again?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've had this happen to me twice in the six months I've had the phone, both times was after a crash/reboot. Check out ChangeName. Load it up, run it and write down your "UserName" and "UserID". Next time you lose your "HotSyncID" re-enter those two values and you should be okay.

ERic
    Loss of hotsync id is probably caused by something corrupting the save preferences file. Have you installed any new software since your ROM upgrade? I'd start there, if so.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    In my case I know it wasn't any new software. The first time it occurred I was in the middle of a road trip and hadn't done a sync in about a week when it crashed and I lost my HotSyncID.
    Backup and restore your Saved Preferences.prc file. This is well covered all over. I personally copy this file to my SD card every so often so I can restore it in case it happens out somewhere, otherwise I could restore it from my computer. A SD card backup system like BackupBuddyVFS would also solve the problem.

Although it bothers me that this is happening on 1.23, I thought it was an NVFS problem which should be fixed in 1.23. :-/