1.    #1  
    I installed Chatter in trial mode and it works great syncing my 4 accounts

My only problem is I only get about 1/2 a day on a battery, where before Chatter was installed and syncing, I got 1 (sometimes 2 whole) days of battery life. I expect that this is due to keeping a live connection all the time. Is this working as expected? Is there some setting I should change? Maybe sync less mailboxes?

Thanks for the help!

-Ricman
    Hi. The more online Mailboxes, the greater the battery load. Most people will keep one or two Mailboxes online (ones that receive email the most frequently), and put others on a schedule. It's possible there's a setup issue that's causing excessive battery drain - 1/2 day sounds pretty bad. If you like, send a log with an hour's activity to me (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com), and I'll see if everything looks good.

Marc
    If you want to free up the data connection (I don't think it differs that much) you can set chatter to Qsync at whatever interval you want (15/30 min etc) but then its more like a POP acct.

Did you have a 650 or a 600?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I've been running Chatter for 2 weeks now and pretty heavily for the last week. I keep 4 mailboxes online all the time and tend to lose signal quite frequently do to some of the buildings I go into and at the end of a 10 hour work day, I still have at least half of my battery life left.
    Mine is a Sprint 650 converted to Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Hi. The more online Mailboxes, the greater the battery load. Most people will keep one or two Mailboxes online (ones that receive email the most frequently), and put others on a schedule. It's possible there's a setup issue that's causing excessive battery drain - 1/2 day sounds pretty bad. If you like, send a log with an hour's activity to me (instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com), and I'll see if everything looks good.

Marc
    I agree with this. I have 8 IMAP folders under my account. At first, I had them all set to push, and this "pushed" all of my battery life out (pun intended). So, I only set my main inbox and my Junk Mail box to constant push, and the others update every 10 or 12 hours. Most of the others are "Saved Email," "Saved Receipts," etc, so they don't need to be updated any quicker. This saved me a lot of battery life. Chatter in itself is not a battery hog. It just depends on how you set it up. In addition, I have it set to not sync from 11pm-7am. No need to sync mail while I'm sleep!