Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ordered the Sony HBH-662 last night from a NY company. It is not readily available in the states yet. Will let you guys know.

I'm thinking I'm going to like this even better than HBH-660 because since my dependence on cell phones and quick dial, I can barely remember my own number let alone anyone else's. The 662 comes with caller ID (name) as well as the number. I like that. A number means nothing as with the HBH-660, but a name and number is useful.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Any updates on the HBH-662 on the 650? Does it display the name correctly? How much did you pay?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MIACANE
    Any updates on the HBH-662 on the 650? Does it display the name correctly? How much did you pay?
    I should be receiving mine today so I'll post once I get a chance to use it. Can't remember what I paid but it was $90-something.
  4.    #4  
    Hi all...

I received mine today and will post back on Monday after I have a chance to use it. I payed $79 on eBay, $98 shipped from seller Admon347. Go to advance search and look up moniker. He/she has more, but to date, is the only seller on Ebay that I know who has them. I won't recommend until I check out the product. It just arrived and is still in the box.

Just checked out Admon347 and it appears as though the SOB dropped the price to $69 LOL. Lucky for you guys.

Report back soon....
    Dan's has it now too, $89 w/shipping and free car charger. I would get it there.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    ok - update. I just got my 662 and tried it and it is not showing the name on caller id. It shows the number just fine and sounds great just like the 660 but unless there's a setting or something I'm missing, it's not displaying the name.
  7.    #7  
    How long did you have to charge yours psywzrd? I think the instructions are truncated due to the product coming from Europe. We Americans need more talking to. LOL
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockmarket
    How long did you have to charge yours psywzrd? I think the instructions are truncated due to the product coming from Europe. We Americans need more talking to. LOL
    Mine had a decent charge right out of the box so I didn't even bother charging it. It came with one of those Euro plugs with an adapter to use in the States (not the most elegant-looking thing in the world but certainly not a dealbreaker). Anyway, I didn't bother to read the manual other than confirming how to pair it with my 650. That was easy as can be but I don't know why the name isn't showing up. I called PalmOne to confirm that the 650 supports the headset profile and they said it does so I don't know what the problem is.
  9.    #9  
    Psywzrd,

Having the same problem. Only the telephone number comes up. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Psywzrd,

Having the same problem. Only the telephone number comes up. Anyone else?
    I'm really pissed about this. I already had the 660 and I only got the 662 because I really wanted the name on the caller id. I called SonyEricsson and they gave the typical copout answer that certain features might not work if you don't use it with a SonyEricsson phone. That's a bunch of crap.

Before I ordered this thing, I specifically asked the guy at the place that I ordered it from (probably the same place as you Stockmarket) if the name caller id feature would work with the 650. He said it would work as long as the 650 had a handfree (not just headset) profile. Well, it does and it's still not working. I don't know if it's a phone problem or a headset problem but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the headset is Bluetooth 1.2 while the phone is 1.1. I'm not even sure that comes into play but I can't imagine what else it could be.
  11.    #11  
    I am disappointed as well. I just wrote a letter to the eBay distributor to find out what's going on. I've also directed he/she to this website. So if anyone else has a solution or concerns it would be a good idea to address them openly.
    First off, I'd like to thank Stockmarket for calling me a SOB, JK!

well, what can I say.. I don't know why it's not showing the name on the CallerID Feature, But I will defently look into it. Please let me know if you guys find out anything I don't know.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admon347
    First off, I'd like to thank Stockmarket for calling me a SOB, JK!

well, what can I say.. I don't know why it's not showing the name on the CallerID Feature, But I will defently look into it. Please let me know if you guys find out anything I don't know.
    In your defense, I did speak to someone at SonyEricsson and they definitely said it can show the name in the caller id so it's not like you made it up; however, they said that they can't guarantee that all features will work if you're not using the headset with a SonyEricsson phone. In my opinion, it shouldn't matter what brand the phone is - Bluetooth is Bluetooth unless you're talking about an older version vs. a newer one. Maybe somebody with a phone running Bluetooth 1.2 can chime in and let us know if the 662 works as advertised with the newer Bluetooth technology. In the meantime, I'm going to keep looking into this to see if we can get it figured out.
  14.    #14  
    LMAO! Well Admon347 being from New York, you know SOB is just another term of endearment. I got nothing but love for ya baby! Glad you stumbled into our neighborhood. I will say this... I ordered from Admon347 Sunday night and received my HBH-662 Wednesday. I'm in California, so that's service. I am disappointed, but the onus lies on Sony. However, I would caution Admon347 to offer his own disclaimer based on talk from T650 users, member feedback is everything on Ebay.

Psywzrd, Sony is simply guilty of false advertising. There are no disclaimers on the packaging with regard to non SonyEricsson users. In fact here's the verbage verbatim:

For use with:
    Bluethoooth equipped mobile phones.
    Folks, let's not forget that the BT implementation in the Treo 650 is certainly not the best one out there!!! As psywzrd said, somebody with a BT phone other than treo 650 has to chip in. It will certainly work with an SE, but I would like to see how this one performs with the motorolas and nokias of the world.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

For use with:
    Bluethoooth equipped mobile phones.
    Since I don't have my box in front of me, I'll have to take your word for that. I want to look for the manual too to see if there's any kind of disclaimer in there about certain features only being available with SonyEricsson phones. Like I said earlier, I can't think of any other reason why it's not working properly other than the Bluetooth 1.1 vs. 1.2 thing. I know this headset is not widely used since it just became available in the States, but I'm hoping somebody can post how the headset works with any phone other than the 650 or a SonyEricsson phone.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Just to throw another monkeywrench into this whole thing, a couple people over at HowardForums are reporting that the 660 shows the name on the caller id (this is with SonyEricsson phones and non-SonyEricsson phones alike). So not only does the Treo 650 not work right with the 662, it doesn't work right with the 660 as well. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    So not only does the Treo 650 not work right with the 662, it doesn't work right with the 660 as well. WTF?
    This is correct. The Palm Bluetooth implementation is pretty poor (and I'm not talking about it being 1.1) and this is old news as it relates to the 660. I would have been surprised if the name field worked with the 662. Regardless, the 660/662 is about the best Bluetooth headset currently out for the 660. What's it really matter anyway, the screen on the 660/662 is pretty useless since it's so small and the nuber has to scroll.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    This is correct. The Palm Bluetooth implementation is pretty poor (and I'm not talking about it being 1.1) and this is old news as it relates to the 660. I would have been surprised if the name field worked with the 662. Regardless, the 660/662 is about the best Bluetooth headset currently out for the 660. What's it really matter anyway, the screen on the 660/662 is pretty useless since it's so small and the nuber has to scroll.
    This is pretty disappointing considering how long us Verizon users have been waiting for the 650 to come out. The lack of Wifi and EV-DO was bad enough - poor Bluetooth implementation is inexcusable.

I just spoke with SonyEricsson again and they confirmed that both the 660 and the 662 have the ability to show the name in the caller id. On my 662, the call timer isn't working either (it's a useless feature to me anyway but it's a feature nonetheless). They also seemed to think the problem was with the Bluetooth on the 650 rather than a headset problem and I definitely agree.

And MarkY, I have to disagree with you on the caller id screen being useless. As small as it is, it still keeps me from having to dig my phone if somebody calls me when I'm driving. Yeah I wish it didn't scroll, but the scroll is actually pretty fast and I have no problem seeing the whole number before the call goes to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    And MarkY, I have to disagree with you on the caller id screen being useless. As small as it is, it still keeps me from having to dig my phone if somebody calls me when I'm driving. Yeah I wish it didn't scroll, but the scroll is actually pretty fast and I have no problem seeing the whole number before the call goes to voicemail.
    Well not to add salt to the wound, but the 660 caller ID is buggy with the Treo as it relates to displaying the incoming number. Depending on how you ended the previous call (from the 660 or the Treo), it will either show the correct incoming call or the previous number. Due to that, I never really look at the 660 screen. Regardless, it's about the best in terms of call quality and responsiveness, so I forgive its other shortcomings.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast