Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was just about to order the Treo OEM headset until I read this thread. Now, I'm unsure. I have a Jabra BT250 which is fantastic indoors, and horrible outside. Pairing is an issue too. It's hard for me to decide whether the treo OEM or the 662 would be the best for me. Both seem to need the eargel for stability on the ear and good sound, and I have plenty of those. My #1 issue is the person on the other end being able to hear me when I'm outside.
    I'll chime in with my experience with the 662-

It is fantastic. I tried over 10 BT headsets. Many of which were recommended here- Scala, TBH, etc. And while all had pluses minuses, I quickly discovered that three things were very important for a BT headset:

1)Clarity- Or better yet, noise rejection. After all, if you get nothing but interference noise on the headset, then what is the point of using it?

2)Call pickup time on an incoming call. The Sony is the best in this regard. one-two secs at the most. The Sony was the fastest of ANY of the headsets I used.

3)Loudness. I'm using the 662 without gels and I find the volume pretty good. Much better than the TBH and Scala.

I work for a 802.11 wireless security company and needless to say we have a LOT of 802.11 WAPs (2.4Ghz) in a very small area and all other BT headsets were useless because of the interference. The Sony still gets a little noise, but it very good at noise rejection- to the point of making a BT headset usable in our nasty RF environment.

Also, the Caller ID display works great with teh T650.

Hope this helps someone

-Ed
    Ok, I just ordered it from Dan's Cellular Accessories on e-Bay. We'll see how the performance is next week. Thanks for all who shared their experiences.
    What about call waiting/on hold via the headset? This is one of the feature not supported with the Sony units according to the Palm site...true?
    someone gimme a link or two to the Jabra ear gels that you guys are using w/ this headset.
    Here you go:
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...s/JabraEarGels

The cheapest way to get some would be to buy a Jabra headset from eBay. They come with 6: 3 S-M-L for right and left each.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewodzien

3)Loudness. I'm using the 662 without gels and I find the volume pretty good. Much better than the TBH and Scala.
    -Ed
    The 662 I have does not appear to have any way to put a Jabra gel on it. Are you saying that you've tried it with a gel at one point and now don't use the gel?
    <<The 662 I have does not appear to have any way to put a Jabra gel on it>>

I have the 662 with a Jabra ear gel on it. You can take off the ear hook completely, leaving just a small knob on the headset (not a big deal), and put on a Jabra. It fits very well and seems to stay on well (both on the 662 and in your ear). Volume is loud and no complaints by the people on the other end of the line about my voice volume or clarity. I do still get some static once in a while, but I think that just has to do with the T650's bluetooth not being so great.
    I just recieved my 662 today from Admon347 and I'm very happy with the transaction. I got a chance use the 662 tonight and I'm very happy with it Everything you guys said about the 662 are right on the money. The only complain I have is the ear hook which I thought was not the greatest. I still prefer the ear hook that came with the Palm Treo bluetooth but base on the recommendation here about using the Jabra ear gel, I took a quick run to Best Buy and bought it. I must say it is so much better than any ear hook. That solved that problem.

The only complaint I have is when I do speed dial or end a call I hear a loud beep sound that I wish can be lowered. It's very annoying. Anybody have any ideas? Otherwise this is the best bluetooth headset.
    See post #97 in this thread for pics of the eargel on the 660/662.
    Some people have commented that the caller ID is useless. Probably the single most important benefit is that it eliminates the blinking blue LED. The LED in a dark room or even in a car on a dark road can be pretty intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Say Cheese
    I took a quick run to Best Buy and bought it. I must say it is so much better than any ear hook. That solved that problem.
    I have been having a problem with my ear gels staying on the 662, especially when putting it in or taking out of the ear, anyone else have this problem or a suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc
    I have been having a problem with my ear gels staying on the 662, especially when putting it in or taking out of the ear, anyone else have this problem or a suggestion?
    I'm having the same problem. With the speaker being slanted, it won't stay on. Glue is ok if you're certain that you will always use that particular ear gel I guess. I'm wary of putting glue on a $80 (after shipping costs) headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I'm having the same problem. With the speaker being slanted, it won't stay on. Glue is ok if you're certain that you will always use that particular ear gel I guess. I'm wary of putting glue on a $80 (after shipping costs) headset.
    I have a HBH-660 and admit that the ear gel being slanted is weird. Also, the ear hook comes loose too easily. Other than that it works good with the Treo 650.

I had the HS850 before the HBH-600 and I liked the design of the 850 the best. It was comfortable, convienient on/off with the fold up of the mic. The only problem was that it did not work with the Treo 650 well at all. Slow to ring, slow to pickup, does not auto-pickup on call out, misses calls once in a while. To me, the HS850 would have been the perfect BT headset for the Treo 650 if it would have worked as well as the HBH-660 or the TWH.
    Does the 660/662 support redial and call waiting? According to Everything Treo, only the TWH (Palm OEM headset) does. I was thinking of getting the Palm because those features outweighed the caller ID for me...if this has those features...
    Hi all.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

I was wondering if anyone wears glasses and has used/uses the HBH-662? I have narrowed my choice down to this headset but the part that goes around the ear looks kind of thick.

Any info on this is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by one2ku
    Hi all.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

I was wondering if anyone wears glasses and has used/uses the HBH-662? I have narrowed my choice down to this headset but the part that goes around the ear looks kind of thick.

Any info on this is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Because the 662 earloop is fairly rigid compared to something like the logitech mobile freedom, I can pretty much say you would get annoyed by it after wearing it for a short period of time. I know I did with my glasses.

Do yourself a favor and skim through this thread and other 662 threads about removing the earloop and using the Jabra eargels before you commit to buying it.

For headsets that I have to use an earloop... the logitech is the only thing I can tolerate when I have to wear spectacles. And I've gone through many BT headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    Do yourself a favor and skim through this thread and other 662 threads about removing the earloop and using the Jabra eargels before you commit to buying it.
    I highly recommend this as well. I wear glasses and didn't find the earloop too problematic. THe main issue was I didn't like how the headset positioned on my ear. The eargels took care of that and I tossed the loop as well.
    So I've seen some threads about how a few folks glued the eargels to their 660/662. Some used super glue. I'm not inclined to use something that "permanent". Anyone else try other types of adhesives?

The purple eargel stays on pretty well when in use (many have pointed out the same thing), but when I put the 662+eargel in my pocket its a 50/50 chance the eargel gets yanked off when I take it out...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast