Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Not sure what you mean. I believe the charger that comes with the 660 can be used with the 662 (and vice-versa); however, the charger that comes with the 662 is not the same as the one that comes with the 660. Does that make sense? Basically, the 662 comes with a Euro plug and an adapter so you can use it in the States. The 660 comes with just a plug that you can use in the States.

I'm assuming that when the 662 is "officially" released in the US, it will come with just the US plug.
    acorrding to the manual of the HBH660/662 (same manual) both the STANDARD CHARGER CST-13 and the CIGARETTE LIGHTER ADAPTER CLA-11 can be used to charge the 660 and the 662

CST-13: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10016
    CLA-11: http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...pp4_1&pid=9507

HBH-662/HBH-660 Manual: http://www.sonyericsson.com/download...tilingual2.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by admon347
    Fella's since the 662 has not been released in the USA yet, How do you expect to have US pins? Which is why we supply a small US adapter so it can be charged here in the US.

I do carry the 660 which does come with US pins.

To you you all the truth, If you are going to go with the 660, My advise the 662 is about $10 more then the 660, If you think $10 is going to make you or break you, Then I don't recommend buying a headset altogether.

As stated in earlier posts: The 662 has some extra features which 660 does not, which is the Caller ID Name function, (Which does not work yet with Treo 650) I believe it's just an option on the Treo, Which they'll be an update for it real soon. as-well as enhanced voice technology and call timer. Color is slightly darker on the 662.

I have a collection of headset for my own personal use on my desk, Everyday I use a different headset, I use the 662 myself on the Treo 650. I find that the 662 is the BEST headset out for the Treo 650.. Other party can hear me perfect, LOUD and CLEAR, NO crackling sounds, NO static.

It's not the greatest on the ear, But you can buy one of those ear gels from Jabra, then you can remove the ear hook and it'll be comfortable once again

dhammond_man: No, I do not carry the Logitech Mobile Pro, I haven't heard any great reviews on that.

i just picked up a hbh-662 from ADMON personally yesterday, just want to reiterate on what everyone said that this guy is a great seller and was very helpful. everything as advertised and he is spot on in terms of his review. the unit works great although not the most comfortable. i would recommend getting it from him based on the customer service as well as the great price.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that i ordered my 662 from ADMON on last Thursday afternoon and i received it yesterday. I was very pleased with the service he provides and the time it took for me to receive it. I prolly would have received it on Monday if it wouldn't have been a holiday. Nonetheless i have no complaints with him. Now i'm just waiting to try it out. From what i've been hearing it could very well be the BEST BT headset out there right now. I just hope they have improved the volume on there so it won't be a strain to hear through it. Especially with windows down, etc... And if that will be a problem, then i'll just get the Logitech Mobile PRO to have just for when i'm in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerlover
    i just picked up a hbh-662 from ADMON personally yesterday, just want to reiterate on what everyone said that this guy is a great seller and was very helpful. everything as advertised and he is spot on in terms of his review. the unit works great although not the most comfortable. i would recommend getting it from him based on the customer service as well as the great price.
    Ditto! I walked into the store yesterday also (after learning about him from this thread) and picked up a 662. Everything he says is real. He has a 650 and does use the 662 personally, thats how I spotted him when I walked in .
    I also picked up a great leather case for the 662 (he says it will fit with almost any headset).
    I am having a problem uploading the photos but will try again later.
    I cant really tell you the exact price since I bought a few items and bought it as a package, but email him for more info.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    I just hope they have improved the volume on there so it won't be a strain to hear through it. Especially with windows down, etc... And if that will be a problem, then i'll just get the Logitech Mobile PRO to have just for when i'm in my car.
    The Jabra ear gels make this a non-issue - in fact, they improve the volume so much that you'll actually have to turn it down because it's too loud otherwise.
    So, how does the volume compare with the 660 w/o the eargels?
    Quote Originally Posted by admon347
    As stated in earlier posts: The 662 has some extra features which 660 does not, which is the Caller ID Name function, (Which does not work yet with Treo 650)
    Caller ID Name is not a new feature on the 662 - I have an HBH-660 (but not yet a Treo 650 ), and when used with a SE k700i the name from it's addressbook does appear on the headset display.

I think this is probably a limitation of the 650 - if you think about it, the headset doesn't hold an addressbook so it can only display the name if it's sent by the handset.

Note that there are two relevant bluetooth profiles here: headset and handsfree. I think handsfree is the more advanced, but I'm not sure. The HBH-660 supports both. I'm not sure: which one (or both) can send the caller name as well as number; which one (or both) the Treo 650 implements; nor which one the Treo uses when communicating with the 660/662.

I've experienced this kind of limitation from Palm before - on my old TT the SMS app only displayed the number of the sender, not the name (which it could have found either in it's own addressbook, or asked the phone). I don't know if this has improved in more recent (non-Treo) Palms. Perhaps people at Palm are better at remembering phone numbers than I!

Talking of bluetooth/headset limitations, I once read that the Treo 650 doesn't maintain a permanent link to the headset, so when you press "answer" on the headset it has to set up it's connection first. Is this correct? (Behavior between SE k700i and HBH-660: when you power up the 660, it connects to the k700i if it's in range, then drops into a low power "wait" mode - but maintains a connection. When a call is received by the k700i, it automatically routes it to the 660 within a ring or so, with an option on the phone to "retreive call on handset". The headset "rings" as well as the phone. Pickup by presssing answer on the headset is nearly instant. I think that this is using the handsfree profile.)

Oh, and the HBH-660 uses the "standard" SE connector and charger, I'd imagine the 662 does as well. It's the same charger/power/connector as nearly all recent SE phones (apart from the new k750i, which has a newer, faster, connector - I'd imagine SE will start introducing this on future phones too). You can buy USB charger cables for the SE power connector to trickle charge from USB with from places like Expansys. I have one, and it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by krpage
    Talking of bluetooth/headset limitations, I once read that the Treo 650 doesn't maintain a permanent link to the headset, so when you press "answer" on the headset it has to set up it's connection first. Is this correct? (Behavior between SE k700i and HBH-660: when you power up the 660, it connects to the k700i if it's in range, then drops into a low power "wait" mode - but maintains a connection. When a call is received by the k700i, it automatically routes it to the 660 within a ring or so, with an option on the phone to "retreive call on handset". The headset "rings" as well as the phone. Pickup by presssing answer on the headset is nearly instant. I think that this is using the handsfree profile.)
    The behavior you mention between SE k700i and HBH-660 is exactly how it works with my Treo 650 and HBH-660. I can answer calls by pushing the button on the HBH-660 and the headset picks-up the incoming call within one ring. Outgoing calls initiated on the Treo (either by dialing or using VoiceDial) are picked-up by the HBH-660 almost instantly as well. The only time I need to re-pair is if I'm trying out my 660 with another Bluetooth phone.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    So, how does the volume compare with the 660 w/o the eargels?
    The volume of both the 660 and the 662 is terrible without the eargels. It would probably be fine if they fit your ear better but I can't imagine that design fitting anybody's ear correctly (what were you thinking Sony?). The volume of both the 660 and 662 with the eargels is phenomenal.
    interesting psywzrd, I dont think the volume on the 662 without the eargels is terrible at all. Maybe its because the volume of the treo 650 is so bad that I am spoiled. Is it really that much better with the eargels??
    does the 660 or 662 have a call log that you can scroll through and redial?
    Well i received my 662 on the other day however, just tried it out on yesterday for the first time. And the volume is pretty much the same as the 660 w/o eargels. I never could get the eargel thing to work when i had the 660 b/c i had trouble keeping it up there. (I wish i could mail mine to someone up here so they could hook it up for me and send it back so i would know and see for myself what everyone is talking about w/ the eargels) :-)

But anyway i tried to have my windows down in the car while talking on it, and i guess it all depends on whether or not the person you're talking to is actually speaking LOUD enough to hear you! That plays a big part. I also agree with what psywzrd said in regards to the earpeice fitting your ear better. Because if i push the earpeice further in my ear and hold it there, you can tell a tremendous difference in the sound. The only problem with that is you don't want to keep your hand there holding it!!!

So in summary b/t it fitting actually inside your ear and if the person you're talking with is talking loud enough i think that would make this the #1 BT earpeice Hands Down! Oh wait a min... you still have the problem of the crappy BT on the 650!

YOU CAN'T WIN FOR LOOSING!!!
    The HBH-660 and HBH-662 has been great! ALL my customers have been lovin' it.

But where do you keep it when you're not using it?

http://www.hoffyusa.com/images/BT.gif

http://www.hoffyusa.com/images/BTCase.gif

Not only that! If you ever decide to get a new headset, or any new headset comes out that meets your standards, we have got a surprise

http://www.hoffyusa.com/images/universalBT.gif

http://www.hoffyusa.com/images/ALLBT.gif

Features:

- Belt Clip - 360 degrees rotation swivel clip rotates and locks
    - Stetchable - Elastics for maximum compability and ease of use

~~~~~~~~~

I have been selling them on eBay, If any of you are interested, My eBay UserID is admon347 or here is a direct link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you might have, by "Ask seller a question" option on top right of the auction page.

Thank you!

PS: If you don't have a headset yet, We do carry a full line of Bluetooth Headsets, Such as Jabra / Sony Ericsson / Motorola / Body Glove / Scala / Plantronics. Just view my other auctions. If interested, I can combine orders w/ the Bluetooth Case!!
    Last edited by admon347; 06/16/2005 at 08:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc
    Is it really that much better with the eargels??
    In my opinion, the difference is like night and day; in fact, I would say it's almost unusable without the eargels and just about perfect with the eargels. I absolutely love this headset.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    When is the 662 coming out in the US?
    Do you guys think they will change things up a bit so that it will work with the treo?
    Any software updates you can do to the phone that allows it to view the name?
    How much of a discount do you give to TreoCentral members. I sent you an PM, PM me back when you have a chance.
    No one has said what the benefits are of the 662 vs the 660? Other then the 2 what has improved?
    The 662 has version 1.2 while the 660 is 1.1.
    How about battery type, talk time, and performance in windy/noisy environments? Any improvements over the 660?
    So, what is the verdict on the bettery life/talk time and performance? I am about to order this headset, but just wanted to verify that it doesn't have the issue that some of SE's earlier models have had, where after a few weeks you end up with 45 minutes talk time.

Also, has anyone bought anything from Dan's Cellular on eBay? He seems to be the only one selling hbh-662 in any numbers there right now, so if he is reliable, I would buy from him.

Thanks,
    pedja
    Quote Originally Posted by pedja
    So, what is the verdict on the bettery life/talk time and performance? I am about to order this headset, but just wanted to verify that it doesn't have the issue that some of SE's earlier models have had, where after a few weeks you end up with 45 minutes talk time.

Also, has anyone bought anything from Dan's Cellular on eBay? He seems to be the only one selling hbh-662 in any numbers there right now, so if he is reliable, I would buy from him.

Thanks,
    pedja

I purchased my 660 from Dan's. The service was fast. I had a problem in the beginning that was worked out within minutes of me emailing him. I'd buy from Dan's again.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast