Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great to hear there is finally one bluetooth headset which works fine with Treo 650. Has anyone here had experience of having echo on the other side, i.e. the guy you are talking to on the other side complains about hearing your voice with echo?
    I like the 662. Caller ID name doesn't work either on my treo or on my nokia 6620. Only the number shows. However the sound is good, the comfort is good, the battery life is good, and the response time is great.

Compared to my lost Bluetrek G2, this is a clear winner.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    No echo problems here - people don't even know I'm on a headset with my 662.
    Hello folks,

The HBH-662 has not yet been released in the USA yet, as-well as we have just imported hundreds of pieces from the UK

I have been selling them on eBay, as well as my local shop here in New York, As of now the name on the Caller ID Feature does not work, It'll only show the number when it's used with the Treo 650.

But it is the newer version of Bluetooth which is 1.2 as well as having the enhanced voice technology and call timer.

If any of you are interested in getting the HBH-662 I can offer a small discount for anyone on this Discussion board.

My eBay UserID is admon347 or here is a direct link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you might have, by "Ask seller a question" option on top right of the auction page.

Thank you!
    Hi, folks! I just got my 662. It is real good. The other side hears me clearly and I see the caller ID. This is much better than my Nokia clip on bluetooth headset. A pity that Treo 650 doesn't have voice dial!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    Hi, folks! I just got my 662. It is real good. The other side hears me clearly and I see the caller ID. This is much better than my Nokia clip on bluetooth headset. A pity that Treo 650 doesn't have voice dial!
    You only see the number on caller id, right?
    Yup, only the caller ID number without any name. Is it supposed to show the name also?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    Yup, only the caller ID number without any name. Is it supposed to show the name also?
    Yes, it's supposed to show the name as long as the caller is in your contacts. For some reason, the name caller id functino doesn't work with the 650. Go figure.
    I was just wondering if anyone has ordered the HBH-662 from admon347? And if so, did you receive the order in a decent amount of time and also were there any problems at all with the unit, regarding the sound clarity, etc...

Also for the ones who now have the 662 that came from the 660 is the sound quality and clarity of the 662 better than the 660???
    What about the abhorrent ear hook that was too far back on the 660. Is it any better with the 662?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    What about the abhorrent ear hook that was too far back on the 660. Is it any better with the 662?
    Same exact design except the color is slightly different. Jabra eargels are definitely a necessity. Sound quality is excellent just like the 660 (can't really say if it's better though) - you really can't go wrong with this headset (unless you really want name caller id of course )

Also, admon347 is extremely reliable - you can't go wrong buying from him (and no I don't work for him or know him).
    Thanks psywzrd! Again If anyone is interested in the HBH-662 Please e-mail me direct.

If you're not sure which headset to go with, We do carry a full line of Bluetooth headsets, Which Includes Motorola, Jabra, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Body Glove etc..
    Hey admon347... what about the Logitech Mobile Pro (the noise cancellation one)?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Mine had a decent charge right out of the box so I didn't even bother charging it. It came with one of those Euro plugs with an adapter to use in the States (not the most elegant-looking thing in the world but certainly not a dealbreaker). Anyway, I didn't bother to read the manual other than confirming how to pair it with my 650. That was easy as can be but I don't know why the name isn't showing up. I called PalmOne to confirm that the 650 supports the headset profile and they said it does so I don't know what the problem is.

euro plug? does that mean the headset is not ment for the us market? also, do any 660 owners out there also have the euro plug thing? if and when the 662 comes out for the us market, do you think it will have a non euro plug?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clam Chouder
    euro plug? does that mean the headset is not ment for the us market? also, do any 660 owners out there also have the euro plug thing? if and when the 662 comes out for the us market, do you think it will have a non euro plug?
    Well, it hasn't been officially released here yet so that's why it comes with the euro plug (like I said though, it came with an adapter to use in the States so no worries there). I had a 660 before this and it came with a good old USA-type plug.
    Fella's since the 662 has not been released in the USA yet, How do you expect to have US pins? Which is why we supply a small US adapter so it can be charged here in the US.

I do carry the 660 which does come with US pins.

To you you all the truth, If you are going to go with the 660, My advise the 662 is about $10 more then the 660, If you think $10 is going to make you or break you, Then I don't recommend buying a headset altogether.

As stated in earlier posts: The 662 has some extra features which 660 does not, which is the Caller ID Name function, (Which does not work yet with Treo 650) I believe it's just an option on the Treo, Which they'll be an update for it real soon. as-well as enhanced voice technology and call timer. Color is slightly darker on the 662.

I have a collection of headset for my own personal use on my desk, Everyday I use a different headset, I use the 662 myself on the Treo 650. I find that the 662 is the BEST headset out for the Treo 650.. Other party can hear me perfect, LOUD and CLEAR, NO crackling sounds, NO static.

It's not the greatest on the ear, But you can buy one of those ear gels from Jabra, then you can remove the ear hook and it'll be comfortable once again

dhammond_man: No, I do not carry the Logitech Mobile Pro, I haven't heard any great reviews on that.
    Admon347, you've got mail
    /Tony
    I won a bid for 662 from admon347 on eBay. From the day I won till I received was 7 days ( few days was Paypal to clear). I am very satisfied. Connecting to 650 was a snap. Made several calls so far and all thought it was very clear. Caller ID function doesn't work as discussed here, but I would have to put my glasses on to read anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Well, it hasn't been officially released here yet so that's why it comes with the euro plug (like I said though, it came with an adapter to use in the States so no worries there). I had a 660 before this and it came with a good old USA-type plug.

very helpful, psywzrd-thanks. does the 662 use the same charger as the 660?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clam Chouder
    very helpful, psywzrd-thanks. does the 662 use the same charger as the 660?
    Not sure what you mean. I believe the charger that comes with the 660 can be used with the 662 (and vice-versa); however, the charger that comes with the 662 is not the same as the one that comes with the 660. Does that make sense? Basically, the 662 comes with a Euro plug and an adapter so you can use it in the States. The 660 comes with just a plug that you can use in the States.

I'm assuming that when the 662 is "officially" released in the US, it will come with just the US plug.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast