1.    #1  
    well ok i dont own a treo yet, but this could be the deciding factors.

my wife wanted to buy me an axim (ipaq equivelant from dell) but they went off sale before she got around to it.

i used a palm 7 for years until it started inhaling batteries.

since then my needs have only varied slightly.

basically i'm looking for a replacement for my franklin paper planner and lo and behold my cell phone comes up for renewal in a week. Verizon supports the Treo600.

The basic PIM functions i'm pretty sure will be covered and my battery issue will be covered by the rechargeable battery and the cell is built in. so far so good!

however i will have the occasional need to transfer and manipulate the occasional Word and Excel file. Nothing fancy just some basic, read write issues as well as fairly straightforrward calculations.

additionally any mortgage boker apps that are out there would be a PLUS as well.

like i said REAL basic questions but your support and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Well that and, whats the best quality headset out there FOR the treo?

thanks
    The 650 would be my choice, first of all.

Anyways, Word\Excel Files can be handled with DocsToGo, which comes bundled with the 650. (don't remember if it does with the 600.) You can also have a look at QuickOffice. Either of these will work better than pWord/pExcel on the PPC devices.

Can't help you with the other software...sorry.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Verizon is now offering the 650.

(As you can tell from my signature line -- I have used Palm PDAs forever -- 650 is my best device yet.)

Search the software sites -- I am sure someone has a mtg broker app out there.

I like my Siedo 2n1 head set. I can listen to songs and answer the phone with a touch a button.

(Make sure the Verizon comes with the memory firmware upgrade, if not, make sure you eventually do it.)

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the advice

and thank for the headset too

as for the 650, unfortunately its not available through verizon in my area
    Quote Originally Posted by mindwave
    thanks for the advice

Not even online? (you'll probably have to wait a few weeks for shipment)

I don't think any store has them in stock yet...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mindwave
    thanks for the advice

Bummer on the Verizon area non availability. Not a national rollout? Can they give you a date of availability?

Cheers, Perry.