Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an easter egg on the 650 that's similar to the one in the 600?

Thanks!
    the same one is there. love my taxi!
    Care to divulge how to get there?

Cheers, Perry
  4.    #4  
    Where does one draw the circle? There's no longer a "General" setting screen on the 650. The prefs are all in one screen, divided into sub-settings.
    I went into the power prefs setting & made a small counter-clockwise circle at the bottom right of the screen
    Bingo. Thanks, Kayden75.

Cheers, Perry.

Does it stay there permanently? I have gone in and out twice and its still there. Cute.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Does it stay there permanently? I have gone in and out twice and its still there. Cute.
    It will stay there until you tap it. When it is gone, it means the 'egg' is no longer active.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    And what does the egg do exactly?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Ok, once the little egg is there..what do you do then?
    Wait
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz8
    And what does the egg do exactly?
    It's a warning. If your device is in imminent danger of catastrophic failure , a little yellow taxi starts to drive across the screen, and if you don't get the Treo really cold by the time it gets to the other side the memory will become volatile and all your data will evaporate

*not all of this is true
  13. seh
    Never seen it
    Quote Originally Posted by SEH
    Never seen it
    You *really* have to wait. A long while.

No, actually, if you do wait, it will never appear. The taxi chooses only important moments to cross your screen... for example when you are about to break your Bejeweled high score and get so excited about the damn cab that you waste all of the time you had left. Or such. So, no, try not to wait for it.
    Maybe I can help you guys out..

This easter egg has been around for a lil while..

After the egg appears, you're supposed to hold "page down" and then draw a line from the middle of the graffiti area, to the left edge of the screen.

Good news.. The T650 doesn't have a graffiti area. It doesn't have an official page down button either. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but that's how it's typically done on Palm OS's. Try it onan older device, though it might have to be OS4 or 5.
    I just posted in the "general area" and found this thread. I SAW THE TAXI!!!!! Really, I didn't think it works on the 650. I tried to figure out if I needed to do the grafitti line across thing. I tried a bunch of stuff and finally gave up. (don't think any of the gafittis stuff I did helped) After about a week or two, I saw it. Actually Chriz, you might be right, it either happened when I was playing Solitaire or Gem Heist and I think I did blow it 'cause I was so excited to see it! I saw it again for the second time tonight, when I wasn't paying attention to the screen. IT REALLY WORKED!!!
    I guess I missed it, I didn't see it either.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Check this thread out. I discovered this about a week ago. I haven't found a real use for it yet, but haven't had the time. With some sites, clicking the option will disconnect you. With other, it just creates a blank memo entry.

Interesting anyway. :-)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84533
    I found it but after ive clicked on it it wount come back. what do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I found it but after ive clicked on it it wount come back. what do i do?
    You don't click on it... just leave the egg there. It's suppose to come when you least expect it.

For all of you in need of "instant gratification," there's an app called "Taxi! Taxi!" You can call up your taxi anytime you want. I think it takes the surprise and fun of it away.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast