1.    #1  
    My Exchange messages are coming through via Wireless Sync to the Verizon Treo 650 stripped of attachments. Theres a setup screen (Preferences/Sync Settings/Attachments) that has a checkbox called "Download Attachments". It's unchecked, and cannot be checked. What's up with this?
    it has been my experience that all emails are sent without attachments. You need to go to each indivdual email and select the attachment and confirm to download. Then sync to download the attachment. After you sync the second time go back to the email and the attachment will be available to open.
  3.    #3  
    I've seen that behavior in other systems, but that's not what I'm seeing here. The icon to the left of the message in the Inbox list shows a paperclip with a red backslash through it. Opening the message yields, "1 attachment(s) removed" in the main text area. I see no way to mark the email for further downloading.
    BTW, the program is version 6.3.1.4.
  4.    #4  
    Any Verizon Wireless Sync users out there getting (or not getting) their attachments? Please let me know, even if you don't have a solution for me, so I'll have some idea whether it's "me" or the program that's the cause of the problem.
    PS: I realize there aren't many VZW 650's out there yet, but I imagine the program is identical on the 600.
  5.    #5  
    Bumping, in hope of an answer: Is anyone getting attachments with Verizon's Wireless Sync to Exchange on the 650?
    VZW wireless sync is not that great. try chattermail... works much better, imo.
  7.    #7  
    Apples and Oranges. I need VZW Wireless Sync to talk to my Exchange server, which is hidden deep within a corporate firewall and does not expose an IMAP interface. I use and love Chatter for my personal mail, but for corporate mail the only solutions are a Blackberry or a product like VZW Wireless Sync that uses a desktop redirector.

So the question still stands: Are other users of VZW Wireless Sync getting their attachments?
    Attachments are working fine for me. I select the paperclip and choose to "get attachment" on next sync, I go to the email and select the attachment. It opens in docs to go with no issues.
    same here. The only thing I dont like is that if I forward the message, the attachment doesnt go with it, and there is no way of attaching it. Even if I have it saved to my treo
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, gentlemen. It's working for me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    same here. The only thing I dont like is that if I forward the message, the attachment doesnt go with it, and there is no way of attaching it. Even if I have it saved to my treo
    Every time I forward a message, via my Treo, that has an attachment, that attachment does indeed go. It should for you, as well. It's not a selectable option or anything. Maybe they're going, and you don't think they are?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    it has been my experience that all emails are sent without attachments. You need to go to each indivdual email and select the attachment and confirm to download. Then sync to download the attachment. After you sync the second time go back to the email and the attachment will be available to open.
    I also have the problem that I can't get attachments via Wireless Sync on a Treo 650. I click the crossed out paperclip, select "Get Attachment(s)". But even after syncing again, the paperclip is still crossed out, and the bottom of the message still shows "1 attachment(s) removed."

Please note that I'm using POP email, not Exchange, and that I'm also not using the PC monitor software.
    do attachments work on POP with Wireless Sync? I'm not sure....
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I also have had problems with attachments on my VZW 650. What is the easiest way to get and use attachments on the 650? I have Chatter and I also have Wireless Sync just for fun. I just wish one of those would also do my MSN mail, but I realize that isn't gonna happen. Oh well, Is there an update with attachments?
    Iramike, I was told by Verizon when I got my VZW 650 in October that Wireless Sync does not support attachments but versamail does. I talked with Palm at that time and they told me the same thing. I haven't talked to either since then but maybe you could ask the data team at Verizon?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I mess around with it long enough and I finally got it to work, I just don't understand the setup, it seems kind of last minute. Maybe its done that way for speed or something, I dunno, either way I did get it to work.