Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Just installed the trial.

I am getting both the application and my picture (partially cut off) assigned in the default contacts app coming up when I call my Treo from home.

Judging by what I've read so far this isn't suposed to happen right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    Probably what you experience is caused due to a little bug of TAC on the Treo 650. This will be fixed in the next update.
    Has any progress been made on this front?

There hasn't been any activity in this thread for a bit. I want to use the app but not if I have to sacrafice my caller ID pics.
  2.    #122  
    Has any progress been made on this front?

There hasn't been any activity in this thread for a bit. I want to use the app but not if I have to sacrafice my caller ID pics.
    Yes. After the release of Hi-Launcher yesterday, we now focus on TreoAreaCodes. We have already fixed the issue you mentioned, so you will for sure have nothing to sacrifice with the very next version. It will be released in August.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    August!

We have to wait that long?
    August!

Spoiled much?
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Spoiled much?
    Totally
  6.    #126  
    August!

Yes - the first part of August. That's our schedule. We'll be making more changes to version 1.1 before we release it.
    I'll be patiently waiting.

Good luck.
    There are not 13000 area codes though. I assume this is the NPA + Exchange data, not just the Area Code? How useful is this? I thought the geographical breaking down of exchanges went out the window years ago. I remember when you used to be able to tell the general area where someone lived based on their exchange, but, now they seem to be assigned randomly within an area code based on what the telco owns and has available. And mobile carriers assign out of what they have as well, not based on area at all (right?).

Why not use a database similar to this http://www.whitepages.com/10583/area-zip-codes/ (Reverse Area Code search) and have the major city(s) (and maybe one or some of the "Other Cities" if possible or desired) in the database instead of trying to break it down further by exchanges? This would make the db much smaller and still be of some use greater than just the NPA data... a good compromise maybe.

Actually even the area codes are not a great indicator of much. With mobile phones, number portability, and basically the elimination of long distance charges, more and more people are getting a number and keeping it for a long time even through several moves. At least that has been my experience here where I know people who live here but have area codes from all over the country. Many mobile carriers and VOIP providers even allow you to just choose any area code they have numbers in... Even years ago I remember people having phones in multiple area codes, even sometimes land lines..

It is still nice to instantly know what area the area code is "from", though!

I really like the local time idea..that would be really cool!

Great program btw...

Jeff, it's because the TreoAreaCodes' database is much more detailed than the LightWav's database. TreoAreaCodes detects over 13000 unique city names while LightWav only about 200.

The best and the simplest solution here is to create one more database that is not as detailed as the complete USA database.

I don't have the data though, and I won't steal it from e.g. LightWav. If someone can send me any less detailed data, I will be pleased to create a less detailed database for TreoAreaCodes.
    Hi,

Upon reading this morning at Treo Central that you'd released the new version of Area Codes which solves the caller id picture issue I immediately downloaded the trial of version Area codes 1.1 from the Ranosoft web site. When I installed it it told me my trial had expired. I guess it still saw something from when I tried out version 1.0 weeks ago.

So out of good faith I went ahead and purchased 1.1 from Palm Gear since it says the bug with the picture caller ID being obscured has been fixed. However, when I installed the full version I got from my Palm Gear purchase it's still version 1.0

Can you please e-mail me the full version of 1.1?

My order ID number at Palm Gear is #SW3289797 It was purchase today at 9:34 AM EST.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    There are not 13000 area codes though. I assume this is the NPA + Exchange data, not just the Area Code? How useful is this? I thought the geographical breaking down of exchanges went out the window years ago. I remember when you used to be able to tell the general area where someone lived based on their exchange, but, now they seem to be assigned randomly within an area code based on what the telco owns and has available. And mobile carriers assign out of what they have as well, not based on area at all (right?).

Why not use a database similar to this http://www.whitepages.com/10583/area-zip-codes/ (Reverse Area Code search) and have the major city(s) (and maybe one or some of the "Other Cities" if possible or desired) in the database instead of trying to break it down further by exchanges? This would make the db much smaller and still be of some use greater than just the NPA data... a good compromise maybe.

Actually even the area codes are not a great indicator of much. With mobile phones, number portability, and basically the elimination of long distance charges, more and more people are getting a number and keeping it for a long time even through several moves. At least that has been my experience here where I know people who live here but have area codes from all over the country. Many mobile carriers and VOIP providers even allow you to just choose any area code they have numbers in... Even years ago I remember people having phones in multiple area codes, even sometimes land lines..

It is still nice to instantly know what area the area code is "from", though!

I really like the local time idea..that would be really cool!

Great program btw...
    Thanks shazbot for the ideas! We'll be introducing the reduced database for TreoAreaCodes in some time!
  11.    #131  
    Hi,

Upon reading this morning at Treo Central that you'd released the new version of Area Codes which solves the caller id picture issue I immediately downloaded the trial of version Area codes 1.1 from the Ranosoft web site. When I installed it it told me my trial had expired. I guess it still saw something from when I tried out version 1.0 weeks ago.

So out of good faith I went ahead and purchased 1.1 from Palm Gear since it says the bug with the picture caller ID being obscured has been fixed. However, when I installed the full version I got from my Palm Gear purchase it's still version 1.0

Can you please e-mail me the full version of 1.1?

My order ID number at Palm Gear is #SW3289797 It was purchase today at 9:34 AM EST.
    I have to blaim other companies for these problems (fortunately for my company ). PalmGear has a bug that keeps showing the customers the old full version of their purchased software. It will take a few days before the new version will be available there. They are already aware of the bug. Verizon rejests e-mails with attachments that our server sends to you. It seems our server (for no apparent reason) is on their black list. Please contact your ISP and ask to have 195.149.224.173 unblocked.
    I have to blaim other companies for these problems (fortunately for my company ). PalmGear has a bug that keeps showing the customers the old full version of their purchased software. It will take a few days before the new version will be available there. They are already aware of the bug. Verizon rejests e-mails with attachments that our server sends to you. It seems our server (for no apparent reason) is on their black list. Please contact your ISP and ask to have 195.149.224.173 unblocked.
    This is the first time I've had such an issue with Verizon.

Could you please e-mail it to the e-mail address I've sent you via PM. It's not a Verizon account.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567