Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I can send you some of this information.
    Please do! Send it in any format and I'll see what can be done.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Megibow
    Is there a way to show the map when a second call comes in (i.e. call waiting)? It only works for me on the initial inbound call. That is almost more important to me than the initial call (whether I interrupt a call depends a lot on who is calling and where they are calling from).
    But there's no place on screen for that if you have two calls :-/
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    But there's no place on screen for that if you have two calls :-/
    Why not have the map turn off when a phone call is answered (i.e. Phone is ringing shows map, I answer it then the map goes off)?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Why not have the map turn off when a phone call is answered (i.e. Phone is ringing shows map, I answer it then the map goes off)?
    NO, I like it the way it is. Maybe an option to do that, but I like it like that.

Al
    This app rocks. Excellent job & I look forward to the city information.

I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to purchase this already outstanding app & trust that my funding contributes to enhancing the product.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I don't know Is that database available?
    If this feature (use of U.S/Canada telephone exchange numbers) does see the light of day, I might be able to help out a bit. With a some googling and a couple of Perl scripts, I've cobbled together what I believe to be a reasonably current and complete database of (area code + exchange) -> city name mappings for US and Canada area codes and exchanges.

It's huge though... 160,000+ records, and 3.6mb when exported to tab-separated values format from MySQL. So, I don't imagine it's something you'd store in its entirety on your Treo, but who knows, maybe with efficient indexing, it might be searchable if it's stored on an SD card.

Anyway, if you're really interested in doing this, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I second that. There is all the room needed when the second call is coming in. And I agree that there isn't room once you answer the second call. But the map is more of a novelty *after* you've answered the phone. But while it is coming through, it is very useful. (It is fun on the first call to have the map stay on however!)
    Interesting application.. I'd love to see US CITY information for incoming calls....
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    Id pay double for this app, if it had a us exchange database, for example 212-334-2765, showing the 212 being in NY, in NYC, and the 334 part showing what town the exchange is in,. yeah itd take forever to get all that database info entered but man id love it.
    We'll make it for sure. You won't have to pay double just stay tuned...
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    NO, I like it the way it is. Maybe an option to do that, but I like it like that.

Al
    We'll make it an option in next release - no problem.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    We'll make it an option in next release - no problem.
    Sweet, you have to be one of the most attentive developers I have ever run across! Keep it up.
    Stay tuned! Detailed Canadian databases should soon be available!
    Visit www.treoareacodes.com/databases regularly.
    cool man thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J

I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to purchase this already outstanding app & trust that my funding contributes to enhancing the product.
    Same thinking here. I registered last night.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J

Cool! Thanks! For sure we'll be enhancing TreoAreaCodes, as well as cover most countries in detail. USA is of top importance here, though due to the number of areas it has, it requires quite a lot of processing.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Same thinking here. I registered last night.
    Thanks! You won't be disappointed, just please be patient!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycpsu
    If this feature (use of U.S/Canada telephone exchange numbers) does see the light of day, I might be able to help out a bit. With a some googling and a couple of Perl scripts, I've cobbled together what I believe to be a reasonably current and complete database of (area code + exchange) -> city name mappings for US and Canada area codes and exchanges.

It's huge though... 160,000+ records, and 3.6mb when exported to tab-separated values format from MySQL. So, I don't imagine it's something you'd store in its entirety on your Treo, but who knows, maybe with efficient indexing, it might be searchable if it's stored on an SD card.

Anyway, if you're really interested in doing this, let me know.
    Please do send it to me! Thanks for your offer to help! Indeed, this sounds extremely huge (maybe it will require to release an update for TreoAreaCodes, not just releasing a new database to process it smoothly), but most probably lots of data in these databases is too detailed or not really needed to be displayed, so probably the databases will be a lot smaller... We'll see.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Megibow
    I second that. There is all the room needed when the second call is coming in. And I agree that there isn't room once you answer the second call. But the map is more of a novelty *after* you've answered the phone. But while it is coming through, it is very useful. (It is fun on the first call to have the map stay on however!)
    I see. In fact I have never seen tis screen simply because my network does not allow call waiting at all

But with your help that will be easy. If you can help me, please send me a PM and I will tell you the details how you can help.

Thanks!
    Please do! Send it in any format and I'll see what can be done.
    What is your email address? You have it blocked in your profile.

GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

Jeff
  19.    #79  
    I just didn't want to get too much spam, so I don't publish my private address.

Normally you may catch me at support@ranosoft.net but I have already contacted you from my private.
  20. HLK
    If Iím reading everything correct the state and possibly now the city will show up from where the phone is registered.

How about an app that can determine what geographical location the caller is calling from??? If the caller has a New York City phone number but is on vacation in Miami FL I want to see that the call is coming from Miami.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast