Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Damn that is harsh. LOL

Not really. All smiley does is poke his nose into other threads that have absolutely nothing to do with his product and tries to get those interested to look at his competing product instead.

Those people deserve to know about the performance issues with LightWav and the lack of support for those problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    ..Smiley, are you a communist? You peddle around your propaganda and praise your own as if best, completely disregarding the fact that there are major flaws in what you have created...
    Sounds more like a Neo-Con...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Another nice option would be the ability to disable TAC for certain/all contacts that you have a picture assigned. I'd rather see my wife's picture come up when she calls me versus a picture of the state in which we live.
    MarkY, have you really tried this? If a caller has a picture (assigned in the Phone app), TreoAreaCodes is automatically disabled for that caller.

Or maybe you're using a third-party software for pictures?
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    If Ringo has a picture assigned both come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    MarkY, have you really tried this? If a caller has a picture (assigned in the Phone app), TreoAreaCodes is automatically disabled for that caller.
    I guess I stand corrected - sort of. When I tried it last night I did not see a picture. My phone indicated my wife was calling me from home and I did not see her picture. Just now, she called me from her cell phone (same Palm OS contact entry) and her picture came up with the TreoAreaCodes map on the lower part of the screen. Next I tried it with a different contact that had a picture and the result was the same (both the picture and a map appeared).

That's not a problem for me, I just want to make sure I understand how TAC is supposed to work. It's a cool app that I'll probably register.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Another nice option would be the ability to disable TAC for certain/all contacts that you have a picture assigned. I'd rather see my wife's picture come up when she calls me versus a picture of the state in which we live.
    I didn't read this all the way through last time I agreed. Is what I was trying to say was for T.A.C. to be disabled on known callers (i.e. any contact within the address book).
    Dear Treo friends,

We have just released RNS:: TreoAreaCodes. It's a nice little app that shows information about the caller during a phone call: his location (country or state), area map, flag, seal, and more...

Your comments are welcome:
    I will probably give this shot, but this looks very cool But no cool things for Canada...we're easy to do
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stack
    If Ringo has a picture assigned both come up.
    I see. I will certainly take care of that!
  9.    #29  
    That's not a problem for me, I just want to make sure I understand how TAC is supposed to work. It's a cool app that I'll probably register.
    OK, I will explain Maybe you have found a bug
    TAC should not display its drawings in the "Phone Call" (incoming call) screen if your caller has a picture assigned in the built-in "Phone" application.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I didn't read this all the way through last time I agreed. Is what I was trying to say was for T.A.C. to be disabled on known callers (i.e. any contact within the address book).
    Good idea for an option! You usually know where your friends are calling from Thanks!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Good idea for an option! You usually know where your friends are calling from Thanks!
    How about building some call filtering functionality into this app?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I DL'ed this last night and like the concept a lot. On my first execution after a clean installation I got a reset. But after that, has worked without issues.

A feature suggestion: Can you also map the area code to a city in addition to the state?

I will definitely purchase with the city option.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I also like the idea of a city, but I don't know how feasible that is. Check out area code 760 or 530. I think the best thing is just to segment the maps.

http://www.whitepages.com/maps/CA
    Quote Originally Posted by cwikked
    Does anyone know how this will function if you have lightwav installed and playing MP3s?
    it behaves the same. the only thing it will happen if you try to toggle map and flag. lwav will stop the ringtone sound. if you just need areacode where the caller is calling from goto lwav and check to display CallerInfo for North America.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by idlepaw
    I also like the idea of a city, but I don't know how feasible that is. Check out area code 760 or 530. I think the best thing is just to segment the maps.

http://www.whitepages.com/maps/CA
    It is feasible. it's already being done by LightWav!
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No Prob. Keep up the good work.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I DL'ed this last night and like the concept a lot. On my first execution after a clean installation I got a reset. But after that, has worked without issues.

A feature suggestion: Can you also map the area code to a city in addition to the state?

I will definitely purchase with the city option.

Jeff
    This was mentioned already.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    As far as I know, isn't this software really buggy.
    Cute but 15 US BUX!!!!!!!!!

I get phone calls regularily from 6 different countries and don't find it a problem to remeber the prefixes.

one five dollaros?? cripes!
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    I agree but it is now broken on the 650. That's why I would love this product and purchase immediately if this option was added. I would recommend an initial area code distribution file and then give the user the ability to add to the list. I can supply such a default file if that willhelp you.

Jeff

Would really be cool if you could put a dot or X in the relative locaiton in the state map of the city.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast