1.    #1  
    I'm in the market for a wireless carrier who offers a Treo 650 that isn't disabled for Wi-Fi cards. I've just gotten off the phone with a data phone technician at Verizon who told me that the 650 that they offer will not work with Wi-Fi cards. Since I live and work in places with rampant 802.11[bg], it just makes sense for me to take advantage of this rather than perform ALL my data transfer over Verizon's data network. Does anyone know of a Wi-Fi friendly wireless carrier where the 650 is concerned?
    Look for some other wifi threads.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'll say it nicely before anyone else gets mean. Welcome to the forums. One of the things you will find quickly is some individuals here strongly advocate the use of the search function (a button in the forum header just under the ads). I usually don't agree because people may have unique questions and may have to dig for the info, not so in this case. There is an extensive thread about this, just search for Treo 650 wi-fi and pick the longest thread you can find.

It will tell you A way to get it to work, but the short answer is the Treo 650 does not support Wi-Fi (not out of the box) for any carrier.
    To my knowledge, it is not a matter of individual carriers disabling Wi-Fi on Treo 650,s. PalmOne does not offer a Wi-Fi card that is compatible with it. However, supposedly Enfora will be coming out with a Wi-Fi sled soon.

https://www.enfora.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    I'll say it nicely before anyone else gets mean. Welcome to the forums. One of the things you will find quickly is some individuals here strongly advocate the use of the search function (a button in the forum header just under the ads). I usually don't agree because people may have unique questions and may have to dig for the info, not so in this case. There is an extensive thread about this, just search for Treo 650 wi-fi and pick the longest thread you can find.

It will tell you A way to get it to work, but the short answer is the Treo 650 does not support Wi-Fi (not out of the box) for any carrier.
    are you a politician?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    are you a politician?
    Am I trying too hard . No I've just been that guy with a couple seconds to ask a question and it's really frustrating at times when you feel like there are folks out there who know but won't just tell you because you didn't work for it. Anyway, I'll be sure to blast the hell outta the next newbie who doesn't search to make up for it .
    JW
    I do not know the details, but I know there are some good threads on the subject. That is why I recommended he find the threads. Hopefully he found them. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I do not know the details, but I know there are some good threads on the subject. That is why I recommended he find the threads. Hopefully he found them. . .
    Understandable, and you were also not abrasive in the way you told him to look. I was typing my reply when you posted yours, I in no way meant to imply that you were out of line with the recommendation to look for threads (or THE thread that's like 850 or so pages long). You learn a lot by reading every post in an 850 page thread...