Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. mcevoys's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just got an email from PalmOne offering a VZW 650 to existing PalmOne customers.
    Works for new activation and existing VZW accounts

    "Order yours today with or without a Verizon Wireless service plan and you'll receive a FREE Bluetooth® headset with your order ($79.99 value). Plus, if you're one of the first 100 people to place your order, you'll also receive a FREE autographed copy of the ground breaking new book On Intelligence, by Jeff Hawkins, inventor of the PalmPilot, and Treo smartphone."

    You need a PalmOne serial # to order.

    The price for existing VZW service is $519.
    Pricing for New VZW activation is $399
    Seems steep, but you do get a free BT Headset :-)

    Here's the link: PalmOne upgrade offer

    Question
    If I order from PalmOne directly, is the unit unlocked (BT DUN?)
    Last edited by mcevoys; 05/16/2005 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add weblink
  2. #2  
    wow, VZW's Treo650 is available on P1's website, but not w/ the Headset promo mentioned above...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys
    I just got an email from PalmOne offering a VZW 650 to existing PalmOne customers.
    Consider yourself lucky - I got three copies of the same message!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    wow, VZW's Treo650 is available on P1's website, but not w/ the Headset promo mentioned above...
    Update:

    I purchased the Treo 650 from VZW, w/out the headset promo, but w/ my 15% TTAM coupon. I just remembered that I have my old non-functioning Palm M100 @ work, & the S/N works. I tried to call, & spoke w/ someone in customer service to try to add this to my existing order. He said I couldn't at this point, but once I receive the Treo650, to call back & it can be done no prob...

    We'll see!!! If not, I had already placed an order for the Palm Treo 650 Headset. I'll be happy either way...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Consider yourself lucky - I got three copies of the same message!
    Would you be willing to forward me one of those emails??? If so, I'll PM you my email address... Thanks...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  6. Pft
    Pft is offline
    Pft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    #6  
    The email that Palmone sent has exactly the same info that is in the "Verizon 650 now available" story at the top of the TreoCentral home page. You should see if you can cancel your order and then reorder as I indicate below to get the free bluetooth headset, the T650 for 15% off, all accessories at 15% off & free overnight shipping.

    Before attempting to re-order, clear your browser's cache (cookies, etc.). Follow these steps in their exact order.

    - You have to go into the upgrade link first via the email or the news story referenced above.

    - Enter in your T600's serial number.

    - Add the Verizon T650 to the order.

    - Check your cart to makes sure the T650 is there (will show as $519.00) and the free bluetooth headset is there (will show as $0).

    - Then paste in the TTAM coupon link into the address of the same browser session:
    http://web.palmone.com/promos/treogiveaway_15off.jhtml

    - Enter in your code.

    - Now go to your cart and you'll see the discounted T650 (for $441.15), and the free headset (for $0).

    - Last, add any accessories now and they will all be at 15% off.

    - Check out and you'll get the free overnight shipping automatically.

    Good Luck
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pft
    The email that Palmone sent has exactly the same info that is in the "Verizon 650 now available" story at the top of the TreoCentral home page. You should see if you can cancel your order and then reorder as I indicate below to get the free bluetooth headset, the T650 for 15% off, all accessories at 15% off & free overnight shipping.

    Before attempting to re-order, clear your browser's cache (cookies, etc.). Follow these steps in their exact order.

    - You have to go into the upgrade link first via the email or the news story referenced above.

    - Enter in your T600's serial number.

    - Add the Verizon T650 to the order.

    - Check your cart to makes sure the T650 is there (will show as $519.00) and the free bluetooth headset is there (will show as $0).

    - Then paste in the TTAM coupon link into the address of the same browser session:
    http://web.palmone.com/promos/treogiveaway_15off.jhtml

    - Enter in your code.

    - Now go to your cart and you'll see the discounted T650 (for $441.15), and the free headset (for $0).

    - Last, add any accessories now and they will all be at 15% off.

    - Check out and you'll get the free overnight shipping automatically.

    Good Luck
    I'd hate to risk screwing up an order from P1, by trying to take advantage of 2 promo offers in 1 order.

    I already have ordered a Treo650 Headset (& a case as well!!!) from P1 that has apparantly shipped. That was 15% off, but no free shipping. I could be satisfied w/ that as I was originally planning on having to purchase these at some point.

    Also, I did call to see if that headset offer could be added to my existing Treo 650 order. They said not at this time, but def try back once I receive the Treo, & they would try to accomodate me. I'll deal w/ what I got. Thanks...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!

Posting Permissions