1.    #1  
    I recently installed an application called STOIC (Stay On In Cradle) which, as the name implies is supposed to keep the Treo backlight permenantly switched on as long as the Treo remains in the cradle...There is a clearly stated warning though once you enter the application that you should diable STOIC prior to deleting this application from the PDA...

My problem is that a random unrelated issue caused me to have to restore all my Palm data from a previous backup, which I did successfully, however, now for some reason my Palm will not sync with my computer via the cradle, but using the same cable connected directly to the Treo syncs just fine...I know that this must be related to STOIC not having been deleted/reinstalled properly.

Does anyone know if there is a system preference file or hidden ROM file of any sort that might be preventing me from using my cradle successfully...one which perhaps, if deleted/disabled/restored in a certain way, might thereby allow me to sync via the cradle once again and eliminate this problem I am having due to STOIC? Please advise. Thanks!
    Last edited by m021478; 05/16/2005 at 07:55 AM.
    I can't imagine how the Treo (or STOIC) knows whether you're plugged into the cradle or the cable directly. I'd be more inclined to suspect a problem with the cradle. A few other people have reported the same issue.

But have you tried re-installing STOIC, then disabling it, then uninstalling it?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'd suggest reinstalling the program, and then uninstalling it again.

I had a program that, although uninstalled, would continue to have it's affects. I think I'll blame the new hidden file structure in the 650, but I don't like it. Doing the above seemed to help.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Nice bike, Meyer. I've been drooling over the ST for a couple years now... I think maybe next spring...
    Thanks Cutlass. I love it. I've bought a couple of other bikes over the last few years (in addition to the ST), but end up selling them because I enjoy riding the ST so much.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by m021478
    I recently installed an application called STOIC (Stay On In Cradle) which, as the name implies is supposed to keep the Treo backlight permenantly switched on as long as the Treo remains in the cradle...There is a clearly stated warning though once you enter the application that you should diable STOIC prior to deleting this application from the PDA...

My problem is that a random unrelated issue caused me to have to restore all my Palm data from a previous backup, which I did successfully, however, now for some reason my Palm will not sync with my computer via the cradle, but using the same cable connected directly to the Treo syncs just fine...I know that this must be related to STOIC not having been deleted/reinstalled properly.

Does anyone know if there is a system preference file or hidden ROM file of any sort that might be preventing me from using my cradle successfully...one which perhaps, if deleted/disabled/restored in a certain way, might thereby allow me to sync via the cradle once again and eliminate this problem I am having due to STOIC? Please advise. Thanks!
    Check the accessories threads, plenty of us have a problem with the cradle right out of the box, I doubt it has anything to do with STOIC.

Good luck,
    Erik