Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hello,

I've been trying to use P.A.R. voice recorder to record directly to my SanDisk Ultra II 1gb card. Apparently you can get full (non-choppy/skipping) recording at 11khz and even 22khz, but even at 11khz the playback is coming thru choppy. In fact, I've lowered the mic gain to see if that had any affect and I still ran into the same problem.

Is there some special type of formatting or Treo configuration you have to do to make sure that the Ultra II card runs at the higher read/write speeds? Is it possible that the Treo could think that this SD card reads/writes at standard speeds?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by shahrum
    Hello,

I've been trying to use P.A.R. voice recorder to record directly to my SanDisk Ultra II 1gb card. Apparently you can get full (non-choppy/skipping) recording at 11khz and even 22khz, but even at 11khz the playback is coming thru choppy. In fact, I've lowered the mic gain to see if that had any affect and I still ran into the same problem.

Is there some special type of formatting or Treo configuration you have to do to make sure that the Ultra II card runs at the higher read/write speeds? Is it possible that the Treo could think that this SD card reads/writes at standard speeds?
    are you using compression? we have not tested with the new ultra SD cards yet but PAR works great on SanDisk cards. Send email to support@toysoft.ca for more help.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    No, I am not using compression, but I have tried both and neither worked smoothly.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I've been working with a person over at Toysoft and this is turning into an Ultra II issue. I tested using a standard SD card and was able to record fine under full settings (44khz, 16 bit, uncompressed) just fine. It's with the Ultra II and faster read/write speed SD cards that the recordings become skippy/choppy.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular