Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Someone has emailed me the Verizon btmanager files and I believe the patch is done, and should work fine. Can anyone verify if Dr. Wowe's approach works on the Verizon 650? If not, look forward to soon having the file on my site once it's been verified by the person who asked me to look into it.
    Welcome BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    welcome back shadowmite!
    Would this patch mean I could use my dial-up ISP to get on the Net?
    If so, I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    Would this patch mean I could use my dial-up ISP to get on the Net?
    If so, I want it.
    I second that question = ]

also, patchs, PM me if you get dialup working on your Treo 650 plz
    Quote Originally Posted by boxd
    I second that question = ]

also, patchs, PM me if you get dialup working on your Treo 650 plz
    I have the VZW 650 and can't do it. It won't let you change the network setting. It's locked.
    I also tried dialing #777 for 14.4 access and you get a message saying it is no longer in service.
    welcome bach, Shadowmite!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    The guy on your site said mine didn't work. Can you email me the files too? I'm interested in taking a look.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    so good to see you again
    can anyone tell me if they were able to dialup and connect to an ISP with a Treo 600 on Verizon?

of course i'm wondering if you were able to do this w/ the standalone device, not via laptop etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Someone has emailed me the Verizon btmanager files and I believe the patch is done, and should work fine. Can anyone verify if Dr. Wowe's approach works on the Verizon 650? If not, look forward to soon having the file on my site once it's been verified by the person who asked me to look into it.
    DrWowe's does not.

I'm willing to test this hack as well-- hotch [at] mac.com
  12.    #12  
    Ok, I've received verification the new hack worked, so without delay, I'll have it up at my site in about 10 minutes on the forum first... Then on the patches and files page.
    it is not working with my powerbook-- it enables the option, but the powerbook still doesn't see the DUN profile as being available

any ideas?
  14. TAW
    Hotch,
    What version of Mac OS X are you using? I am using Tiger and I had already setup phone for blue tooth file-transfer. When I got the patch this morning I all I did on the laptop was go into the bluetooth prefs and selected the phone then clicked configure. It looked for the device for a few seconds and then gave me the option of Accessing the internet with phones data connection.

Quote Originally Posted by hotch
    it is not working with my powerbook-- it enables the option, but the powerbook still doesn't see the DUN profile as being available

any ideas?
    Glad you're here! Thanks for all your work
    Site gives an error when trying to download.

Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, I've received verification the new hack worked, so without delay, I'll have it up at my site in about 10 minutes on the forum first... Then on the patches and files page.
    would someone email the hack to me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    Site gives an error when trying to download.

Thanks for your hard work.
    never mind. looks like the site is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    would someone email the hack to me? Thanks
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    the shadowmite forum on this says it dod not work. so am i correct that this conversation is overriding that one and the hack is good to go?
  20. TAW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    the shadowmite forum on this says it dod not work. so am i correct that this conversation is overriding that one and the hack is good to go?
    Yes you are correct, I first tried the one that shadowmite created for sprint and it did not work. I contacted him on his site and snet him the bluetooth files from my new verizon phone. within about 12hours he sent me a file to test and it does in fact work. That is the file that is posted now on his site. You may have a problem with modem scripts, I am using a genric Express network script I downloaded off of yahoo groups. If you need it I can e-mail you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast