Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I absolutely LOVE the new installer choice with the PSI file - it makes keeping up with the betas a breeze. I do, however, have a problem I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me... When I choose the upgrade option from the Chatter menu, and I then go to Blazer and download the PSI file, it installs fine, but then my Treo resets the next time I run Chatter. It will reset whether I choose "Run" from the installer's last screen, or whether I finish the installer and then click on the Chatter icon. The reset is one of those that gives me a message Emul-something (sorry, will post exact message next time I upgrade) and a timer that counts down from 10 to 0 and then reboots the Treo.

After the reset everything works fine. I can use Chatter and everything else is just fine.

Is it just me?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I haven't gotten other reports of it, but I guess we'll see.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Ok, now this is weird. It was constantly resetting on every upgrade with the psi file, and on b19 it didnt reset! I hit run after the Package installer ran, and it ran Chatter without resetting.

The problem now is that when Chatter runs the first time (after the update), it tries to connect, and its already connected (the Blazer session I was just using to download the psi file had the connection open) and it goes into a connection-loop, trying to connect, failing, and trying again, even though the Treo is already connected (green arrows). A soft reset clears this up.
    Cingular Treo 650
    ZBoater - I haven't heard about any of these. What version did you upgrade FROM when this first reset happened?

Marc
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Marc,

Looking at the release notes for the newest beta(19), what's the difference between the mobile package installer and the mobile d/l?
    Zboater, it sounds like you were having the exact same problems I was up until today when I realized I was doing someting wrong when updating with the package installer...

I wasn't shutting down Chatter before downloading/installing the updates. And I was get a reset immediately upon trying to run Chatter.

I thought something was goofy when the version number was changing on the about screen, but then I figured, aww, just betas, maybe he didn't update it yet.

I don't recall reading anywhere that you had to shutdown chatter before doing the upgrade, but it made sense to me since I got errors when trying to do a manual upgrade.

If that's not it Zboater, sorry, but I thought this info might help others too.
    Right. At the moment (there will be a new version of the installer that works a little differently in the near future, hopefully), the installer doesn't know how to signal Chatter to shutdown, so you have to do it manually. But ZBoater said he did an "Upgrade" first, and that does a shutdown...

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    ZBoater - I haven't heard about any of these. What version did you upgrade FROM when this first reset happened?

Marc
    I think it was b11 or 12 - it was right when you posted the package installer on your download section, which is when I got it first and used it for the first time. When I went from b18 to b19, that is when the resets stopped, but now I go into the connection loop. This only happened right after the update - a reset makes everything fine again. It may be a conflict with the gazillion other software I have loaded....

And I always do the Upgrade option in the Chatter email before I do the upgrade. Hope this helps!
    Cingular Treo 650
  9.    #9  
    I went to b20 today and it reset. Something about StringMgrC Null String passed. 10 second countdown and rebooted. It also said b19 was being installed (while install manager was doing its thing), but I did get b20.
    Cingular Treo 650
    ZBoater - How did you do the upgrade this time?

-m
  11.    #11  
    Same way - using a Blazer shortcut to the psi file.
    Cingular Treo 650
    I just updated a little while ago and the installer said that it was installing b19 as Zboater said, but it installed b20.
    Yeah, my bad on that...

-m
  14.    #14  
    Upgraded to b21 today. It did not reset, but it did go into the connection-attempt loop. After 4-5 attempts, I hit cancel, Chatter asks a question on whether to attempt or not, and I say no. At that point, I get the /R to reconnect message in red at the bottom. I exit Chatter, go to Blazer, use it (it has to connect), then disconnect. Go back into Chatter, still get the /R to reconnect. I do /R and it goes into the connection-attempt loop. I again hit cancel and answer no. I select either Shutdown or Shutdown and Disconnect, and every time I start Chatter it again shows /R to reconnect and goes into a connect-attempt loop when I try. A soft reset clears it up and everything works fine.

I notice that the first thing Chatter tries to do when I run it after an update is connect, but I have 3 IMAP mailboxes all offline. Could this have something to do? I also have a ton of 3rd party software, so it could be that too. I hope this info is helpful. Thanks.
    Cingular Treo 650
  15.    #15  
    b24 worked!!!!! Package installer did not have a run option when it was done, which is fine, I dont see a problem with that. I ran ChatterEmail and it didnt try to connect (as it shouldnt, all my mailboxes are offline). I brought them all online, they logged in (the connection was already active from the Blazer session), brought down my email, and VOILA!!! It works!!! Woooohooo!!! Thanks Marc!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Marc,

Just trying to understand how this works. What is a .psi file? Do I download and hotsync or get it from the Chatter site in Blazer? When I tried that, it says "url not found on server"
    i have same prob.. url not found....
  18.    #18  
    b25 upgrade did not work for me, again.. It rebooted when I chose the Run option from the Package Installer screen after it was done. It was something about EmulMain illegal instruction at address something or other. The message only lasts 10 seconds, and it reboots. Everything works fine after the reboot.
    Cingular Treo 650
  19.    #19  
    b27 and b28 both reset my Treo after the upgrade. b27 reset as soon as I hit run from the uninstall screen. b28 actually ran Chatter, but when I brought my mailboxes online I got the following message: "Emul68KMain.c,Line:403, illegal instruction 0A4E at address 73182478". My Crash logging program could not identified who caused the crash, as it said crash caused by "unknown".

As usual everything works perfect after the reset.
    Cingular Treo 650
    ZBoater - So exactly what are you doing to upgrade?

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast