Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just updated to b28.. messed up treo.. chatter... gone.. zlauncher.. gone!!
    thank god for bbvfs..lol
    got all back.. and 2nd update went ok..

john
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    ZBoater - So exactly what are you doing to upgrade?

Marc
    Ok, this is my routine...

1. I launch Blazer and check the website for a new version (thanks for making the release notes available directly - great help for Blazer!) If one is available, I exit Memos (where I read the notes), launch Chatter (have it hard coded to the Email button), I choose the Upgrade option from the menu (which closes Chatter) and I go back to Blazer. The data connection )green arrows) stays active through all of this.

2. I launch a shortcut to the psi file from Blazer. It asks me whether to load into package installer or card. I choose package installer. Do you want to download? Yes.

3. The file downloads and I choose "Save and Open". it. The prcs decompress and install.

4. Package Installer finishes with a screen that says "Installation Complete, OK, Run or About Installer". I choose Run.

5. Boom. Reset (I just tried it to make sure I got the steps right, so I installed b28 over itself, and got a similar error, but this time it said Emul68KMain.c, Line:403, illegal instruction 7773 at address 731821F4".)

After the reset, I can run Chatter and everything is fine.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    john - What version were you upgrading FROM? Do you recall?

Marc
    b25 marc
    john - I don't think Chatter could have done that damage; probably there was some heap corruption beforehand... These T650's are frustrating...

Marc
    i agree...
    likey as i use UDMH.. i will try to disable it before i update again..
    all i can say.. as far as 650 goes.. thank goodness for backups!! :-)
  7.    #27  
    b30 rebooted on me. b31 I decided not to hit Run from the last Package Installer screen, I just hit OK. It took me to the Chatter icon on the main app view. I ran Chatter and it went into that nutty connect loop where it tries to connect, fails, and tries again. I had to do a soft reset to get it to work right, just like when I upgraded to b21 (post #14 above). b24 has been the only one where the process worked for me without needing a reset. If no one else is experiencing this problem, then it must be some of the other apps I have loaded.

Its not really a big deal, since a soft reset makes it all better, but it just bugs me not knowing why it does it...
    Cingular Treo 650
  8.    #28  
    I installed RC1 today, and again I hit OK instead of Run on the last installer screen. Also, I tried something new. I went into Network Prefs and disconnected the data connection before I launched Chatter.

When I launched Chatter, the first thing it tried to do was connect. I think there is a clue here because all my mailboxes are offline, so when I launch Chatter it never tries to connect, except right after I upgrade to a new version. This time, instead of going into a connect loop, it resetted while trying to connect.

After the reset, all is good again.
    Cingular Treo 650
  9.    #29  
    Skipped RC2, went to RC3. It did not reset, but it did go into the connection loop. I hit cancel, try to reconnect hit no, and brought a mailbox online (all mine are offline by default). The /R to reset connection message in red came up. I did the /R. It would try to connect, disconnect, and try again. Also, no matter if I shutdown chatter (with Shutdown and Disconnect option), hit Upgrade Chatter option, etc., the /R option would always show up on the main screen.

As usual, a soft reset clears everything up.
    Cingular Treo 650
    There is a bug with the Cingular T650 (and maybe others) which causes it to be unable to establish a data connection without either a reset or cycling the radio power (you might try that next time).

Marc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12