1.    #1  
    I finally bought a USB BT adapter for my laptop, and when I go to create a DUN connection through My Bluetooth Places in Windows it tells me the device does not support DUN. I've installed the hacked BTmanager.prc from Shadowmite, and I can't figure what's going on.

I did a search and couldn't find any problem of the same nature. If you know what's up, please help.
    Did you enable DUN on the phone before attempting to connect? Seems obvious, but you didn't mention turning it on.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I did. That's what is bewildering me. I followed Shadowmite's directions meticulously.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    If you have re-paired the device the shortcut may not work, activate by finding devices in range, then discovering services, it then ought to find the DUN and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I finally bought a USB BT adapter for my laptop, and when I go to create a DUN connection through My Bluetooth Places in Windows it tells me the device does not support DUN. I've installed the hacked BTmanager.prc from Shadowmite, and I can't figure what's going on.

I did a search and couldn't find any problem of the same nature. If you know what's up, please help.
    I too atempted to use Bluetooth DUN on my unlocked GSM unit. After fooling with it for 4 hours, I gave up and installed PDANET. PDANET is truly plug and play. I installed it, and it worked instantly. I use the sync cable, as the Bluetooth connection is notably slower.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman
    If you have re-paired the device the shortcut may not work, activate by finding devices in range, then discovering services, it then ought to find the DUN and go from there.
    That did it! Thanks for your help. This was the last obstacle I had to tackle with my Treo.

Thanks again!