1.    #1  
    New Verizon Treo 650 user here. I absolutely adore the smartphone so far as I am someone who needed the convergence this offers. I've got it running stably thanks to months of reading this board before purchasing last week.

The only complaint I have is that in my Acura TL, I can't use the HandsFreeLink system to receive a call. When I am called, the phone itself rings and I have to pick up the phone, answer the call, and "manually" transfer the call to HandsFreeLink. This is an annoyance that obviously renders HandsFreeLink useless--at least in receiving calls.

I know that Palm released a CarKit Update installer for both GSM and CDMA phones in February to address BT stability with car kits such as mine. The CDMA patch has been pulled from the site as it was made part of the Sprint 1.08 update. I can obviously install neither the version for GSM Treos nor the Sprint 1.08 on my Verizon phone. I am wondering whether anyone has a copy of the original CarKit installer for CDMA available so I can see whether updating it will help its compatibility with my car.

Thanks for listening...
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  2.    #2  
    Never mind. I figured out my problem with a little experimentation of my own. I had to go to the Handsfree Preference (NOT the Bluetooth Preference) and set "Auto answer" to "disable". I experimented with this in the car tonight. When set to "immediate", the phone barely rang, the car clicked, and the call was picked up by the phone immediately. With "one ring" and "two rings", the car and phone rang once and twice (respectively), then the phone picked up immediately. With the setting on "disabled", the car and phone rang together until I picked up using the car's HFL system. Problem solved!
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Neuronbob, thanks for the tips-I was having the same problem with my new Acura RL, and your tip immediately solved my problem.
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)