Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If you just bump my Treo 650 ever so slightly, the phone mode shuts off.

I put in down on my desk (inside a belt case), get in my car and it just touches the seatbelt buckle and it shuts off.

Just started doing this after two months.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Look for loose contacts with the battery and/or SIM. Try putting some paper packaging on the battery to make it more snug.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Guy
    If you just bump my Treo 650 ever so slightly, the phone mode shuts off.
    If it's just the phone turnng off, and not the entire unit resetting, then it's likely bad contact with the SIM. Place a piece of paper between the SIM and its carrier, but don't make it so thick that the assembly gets stuck in the slot.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have a similar problem. The phone keeps turning off. I did pull the battery and replaced and it seemed to help a little. Hwoever I never has this problem with a Treo 600.
    I had the same problem... finally figured out if I squeezed my phone in the area of the sim card it would shut off. Small piece of paper did the trick for me as well... haven't had a single shutoff and squeezing won't shut it off either.

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone......bad contact with the SIM was the problem.

A couple of pieces of paper did the trick.

Nice high tech solution!
    Sounds like a good excuse for a replacement to me. . .