1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 is out of memory so I need to free some room. I already deleted my Adobe reader but I think the best thing to do would be to move some programs to my SD card. Will that work?

I know how to delete my Docs to Go and put them on my card from the CD but is there any way to move an application from the phone to the card? I have a 4.5MB program called Notify Link which my company installed so I can get my work e-mail. My company is in another state and I won't be back there for a while so I don't know how to configure it if I delted it and started over.

Is there any way to just move it to the card? Would it work that way?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachargers
    My Treo 650 is out of memory so I need to free some room. I already deleted my Adobe reader but I think the best thing to do would be to move some programs to my SD card. Will that work?

I know how to delete my Docs to Go and put them on my card from the CD but is there any way to move an application from the phone to the card? I have a 4.5MB program called Notify Link which my company installed so I can get my work e-mail. My company is in another state and I won't be back there for a while so I don't know how to configure it if I delted it and started over.

Thanks.
    I use LauncherX. ZLauncher and filez also work.
    My Treo 650 is out of memory ....
    Please do not whine. Everyone's 650 is out of memory. If it is not out of memory, one is not getting the full value.
    powerRun works well for this also...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  5.    #5  
    I wasn't whining, merely asking for help...
  6.    #6  
    I loaded powerRun but it says that the application is currently running. Do you know how to "stop" it from running? I tried turning off the phone but that didn't work.

Thanks.
    I don't understand what you mean its not an app that runs in the backround simply exiting the program should stop it from running...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.

Look at the following for Docs to go ..

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13105&pid=2000

I don't know why the dataviztech tool is not more visible on their download page.. but that will free up tons of space.

As for other applications .. do a search here. Most applications that don't need hooks into the OS, like alarms, background activity.. can be installed on the SD card.

I always try to install on the SD card. If it doesn't works form there, then I install to the Phone.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The better Launcher programs all work fairly well. Many users report that PowerRun, Laucncher X, and zLauncher all work well. I use zLauncher myself and like it very much. It does a good job of moving and launching apps from the SD card; however, some apps will simply not work well this way and you will need to try moving them to see if you incur any problems by using them with a launcher program. If you do, you can move them back to RAM. Whether or not your email program will run from the card by using a launcher program is dependent on the app itself as well as the launcher program you are using. I keep very apps in my main memory (mostly small util apps that need to be in RAM) and run most larger programs from the SD card including Adobe Reader, so I consistently have about 12 to 14 MB of RAM available depending on how many contacts, memos, etc. I have at any given time.

I suggest you try several of the good launcher programs before making a decision on purchase to see which one works best for you.
    This is a stupid response, but I will post it anyway, just in case:

Have you run your provider's firmware upgrade (1.08 for Sprint) that resolves how the Treo 650 was allocating memory? If you haven't - by doing so you can gain 6mb to 10mb in "space."
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I loaded powerRun but it says that the application is currently running. Do you know how to "stop" it from running? I tried turning off the phone but that didn't work.

Thanks.
    The "application that is currently running" is the target application you want to move to the card. I think you can clear this problem by doing a soft reset, then running PowerRUN as the first app you open after the reset. This would be the case on, say, a Tungsten also, and has nothing to do with the phone/radio itself. Also, check our HackerDudeSan's web page (the author of PowerRUN); he has some tips and mentions a couple of programs that PRPRPR $won$'$t$ $move$.

By all means check out the DataViz document aprasad steered you to; that's very important.

I subscribe to Vindigo, but since moving from a Tungsten C (with 56mb of usable RAM) to the 650, I have not had success in running it from the card. It uses a pretty large database.

There are a couple of on-the-fly appilcation compression utilities, which compress the .prc and .pdb files. Then, when you click the file's icon, the utility decompresses in a couple of seconds and waits until you click out of the app, at which point it re-compresses automatically. These look good, but I haven't had the patience -- or the guts -- to try them yet, as I get enough resets per day as it is.

Wo
    Well, I think I figured out how to find someone on line right now. Duh. Just learning about this forum stuff. Just bought new Treo 650. Reading about all the problems people are having with it. Never use a Palm device before. Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgregory
    Well, I think I figured out how to find someone on line right now. Duh. Just learning about this forum stuff. Just bought new Treo 650. Reading about all the problems people are having with it. Never use a Palm device before. Any advice?
    Do as you are doing ; browse the forum here.

As well, another good site for Treo info and "how to's"; treonauts.com

Cheers, Perry
    For lots of devices in the PC world, enthusiasts have set up web sites with tips, tricks, how to's etc. This is especially true for gamers, video cards, and even home audio/video enthusiasts.

I don't see much of that for Treo and/or Palms. treonauts and mytreo.net has some information, but I miss the sites best created by individual enthusiasts.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A