1.    #1  
    I bought the 650 a couple of days ago and spent almost the entire time since then to play with it and configure it. Here is my first impression:

1. The 'wake up' button is a little clumsy. Doesn't work as fast as on my Treo 600.

2. The phone application is kind of slow too. I wish there were third party alternatives for it. The redial and call log features are kind of different. The 'phone' button actually dials the selected name and there is no quick way to get back to the dialpad.

3. There is no way to sort the Contacts by First Name, Last Name order. The only two options are Last, First and Company (First,Last). Very annoying.

4. I liked the Favorites better on the Treo 600. I am not able to delete or edit the Web, Versamail, RealPlayer and some other favorite buttons.

5. The screen is much better on the 650.

6. Bluetooth is a great feature because it connects to my car. Also hotsynch is easier with BT.

7. I have not experienced as many resets as other users complain about, although the Treo 650 seems a little less reliable than the 600.

8. The battery lasts way less than the one on the 600.

9. This Blazer version is much better than the previous. Also having EDGE is very convenient.

Bottom line. I will keep my Treo 600 for a while and switch back if I can't get used to the Treo 650.
    Treo 600 | Unlocked | AT&T --> Treo 650 | GSM | Cingular
    "4. I liked the Favorites better on the Treo 600. I am not able to delete or edit the Web, Versamail, RealPlayer and some other favorite buttons."

I am pretty sure that you can do these on the 650 as well.
    Last edited by Rome; 05/15/2005 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sguen
    2. The phone application is kind of slow too. I wish there were third party alternatives for it. The redial and call log features are kind of different. The 'phone' button actually dials the selected name and there is no quick way to get back to the dialpad.
    Here ya go!

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-217.html?TAKEphONE
    Cingular 680
  4.    #4  
    NJPsycho, thanks! Looks like this will do the job.
    5. The screen is much better on the 650.

8. The battery lasts way less than the one on the 600.

Well, you can't have #5 without #8...that should be a given.
    I think this might help you with #4

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...B+delete+filez

Enjoy your new toy!
    Last edited by Christinac130; 05/15/2005 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    I think this might help you with #4

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...B+delete+filez

Enjoy your new toy!
    Thanks for the tip! Those built-in favorites were driving me crazy.
    I have had much better battery life with my 650 than my 600 (CDMA), especially if I dim the backlight almost all the way down (which is usually fine indoors).

Once you really see how great the screen is (try the "Year" view in the 650's calendar) you'll have a hard time going back. And if you're a frequent user of pics or videos, the camera is much better, and the video is Quicktime compatible for easy sharing - both are huge improvements.
  9.    #9  
    The higher screen resolution is pretty much the only thing that stops me from going back to 600. It's true - once you start using it, it's hard going back.

Thanks for everyone's help and tips! I have found this forum very helpful for both by Treo phones.
    Search for KBLights off. It will help with battery life, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    Well, you can't have #5 without #8...that should be a given.
    I don't agree with this. The iPod photo has a brighter screen than the original (4G) iPod and the photo screen is even color, yet the Photo gets 15 hours of life vs 12 hours on the B&W version. If the screen technology has good power management (along with the rest of the device) and there are advances in battery technology from version to version then I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume that battery life would never regress due to added features (in fact it has progressed in the case of the iPod and other devices as features are added: 8, 12, and 15).
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPsycho
    Nice app but there's still a dial delay..

press the side button below the volume controls to get back to the dialpad... this button takes you out of the menus in every app
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk
    press the side button below the volume controls to get back to the dialpad... this button takes you out of the menus in every app
    You know I've wanted to know that since I got the device. It always irritated me there was no way (I thought) to back out of a menu. Thanks!!!