1.    #1  
    I have looked over the forum but for some reason I can not search the forum. Can anyone post a link showing how to you a free movie player and free encoder for the TREO 650...

I have downloaded the TCPMP and was wondering what free encoder to use along with that?

Additionally, is there a thread that outlines a way to encode then load the file and so on so I can watch a flick on my long commute on Wednesdays?

Thanks in advance for helping out the new guy.
  2.    #3  
    I used DVD Decrypter on the DVD, do I know need to use PocketDivX or what are the next steps to get it ready to transfer to the TREo?
    I use Pocket DivX Encoder to encode dvd:s for the Treo 650:
    http://divx.ppccool.com/
    yeah, so how do I get pTunes to play .avi's off my SD? The default Media viewer starts to see the .avi's and the forces a reset of the unit.

I'm going to try using PalmDesktop to convert the videos.

So, what's the real trick(s) to actually watching videos on the Treo?
    No real trick, just have to encode it right. Like Marianne said, I use DVD Decrypter to make the main movie into one .vob file. Then use Pocket DivX Encoder to make a 320x320 size .avi movie. I use TCPMP to watch it.
    For example, I did "National Treasure" and it came out to be 170MB approx.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    what are the exact setting in pcket divx to use. i have used the following in pocketdivx and my video skips sometimes and it still kinda pixelated.
    xvid
    320x320
    audio=80kbs
    video 248kps
    25 fps

im using mmplayer to play them
    Ummm siriusbliss, I dont believe Ptunes plays video files
    I meant TCPMP. Gottem confused.