1.    #1  
    I have upraded from the 600 to 650 but after a hotsynch today it has entered a continuous loop and is resetting continuously. I have tried to reset and a hard reset but it won't stop resetting. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    How did you upgrade? Hopefully you did a complete reinstall of all your apps.

Try a Zero out reset.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    will a zero out reset prevent us from using our existing user name or will that be ok?

I know all the third party software use the user name and would hate to jeopardize that.....thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    You can still use the same name. It'll be fine.

But depending on the reason for your zero out, you may want to totally start from scratch (as in Palm Desktop delete/re-install), and add everything back one by one. If you do this, you should copy your user folder from the PalmOne directory into a temp directory somewhere, just in case.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Check out PalmOne's "Handheld Upgrade Guide for Treo 650", meant for those upgrading from a previous Palm device:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(14403)

Quote: "This article is for people who have owned a Treo smartphone or palmOne handheld (Zire, Tungsten, etc.) and are now upgrading to a Treo 650 smartphone. You'll learn the best way to transfer your personal information from your old device to your new smartphone, and how to avoid common pitfalls in the process."
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Could this be a memory space issue? I did the same, and it took me a long time to complete the hard reset to stop the resetting. But I was finally able to and then reinstalled each app one by one and now it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by treo lga
    I have upraded from the 600 to 650 but after a hotsynch today it has entered a continuous loop and is resetting continuously. I have tried to reset and a hard reset but it won't stop resetting. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    I have to tell you, I am also having an AWFUL time upgrading my wife and I from VZW T600's to the new T650's. Her setup is anything but a power one, only 3rd party apps of substance are Agendus Pro, ZLauncher and Bug Me. After I went through multiple reset loops and hard resets, I got it all up and running. Once I inserted an SD card, loops started again and I almost threw the f*cking thing against the wall. Started over and finally got it up and running.

Then went on to my unit and I consider it a power setup. Tons of third party apps and I went very gingerly, app by app. Mind you, I did start this entire process with the new Palm desktop, an import of only PIM data and really was cautious. I was 3/4 of the way done with mine when Handmark Express, which seemed fine, caused another round of loops SIMPLY when I unchecked 411 as a channel. Another hard reset followed and when I tried to sync in all my PIM data again, all was dumped in only one of the many catagories I have set up.

I simply lost it and put the damn thing in the draw till another time. I have been upgrading from Palm's to Sony's to Sprint hacked T600's to the VZW T600 and on for 10 years. Never had so much trouble and as much as I DON'T want to admit it, the unit is VERY UNSTABLE and BUGGY.

Oh, and I mentioned in another thread, the PalmOne hot sync cradle for the 650 is awful. My wife's 650 will only sync 1 out of every 10 times. I am now using the Boxwave sync cable and it works flawlessly.

I have to tell you, I am sort of relieved that I am not the only one having the reset issues, etc. I will literally take a day off of work and try to spend some time getting this resolved. I will go online and get the latest version of each app I want, check its compatibility with the 650 and go one step at a time.

I also have to PalmOne TWH (x2) and although in extremely brief testing with my wife's unit it worked well, this morning she is using it in the car and it is NOT transferring a call at all.

Really super frustrated with all these issues.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have a Cingular 650 that is in the resetting loop. Soft, Warm, Hard, & Zero Out Resets aren't working. When I try the Zero Out Reset, the closest I come is the rainbow boot screen. Only 3rd party app on the device is GoodLink. No ROM updates attempted.

Very frustrating!
    Anyone have any ideas on why the VZW units are behaving so tempermental (or at least some of them)???

Sorry, ea0423, I know you are Cingular and experiencing the reset loops as well. How freaking annoying is this? I spect hours on them both, all the while on a warm Sunday, trying to play with the kids, listen to the wife and potty train my three year old. Maybe I was just distracted. NO, it was buggy!!! :-)
    I had this problem when I first started with my Cing T650. Fixed by doing a hard reset, then checking each third party app I had for updates, then reinstalling them one by one, checking to make each sure ran, then backing them up before installing a new one. It is a tedious, laborious process, but have had few problems since then, even after updating FW with 1.21, then customizing the ROM to remove VersaMail, RealPlayer, and the tutorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by jctonett
    I had this problem when I first started with my Cing T650. Fixed by doing a hard reset, then checking each third party app I had for updates, then reinstalling them one by one, checking to make each sure ran, then backing them up before installing a new one. It is a tedious, laborious process, but have had few problems since then, even after updating FW with 1.21, then customizing the ROM to remove VersaMail, RealPlayer, and the tutorial.
    Couple of questions for you, granted you are with Cingular and I am with VZW.
    -When you say backing up after installing each third party app, do you mean just a normal hot sync that backs up all?
    -Does anyone know what F/W the VZW Treo should have and if it is the latest?
    -How does one customize the ROM to remove (in my case) Wireless Sync, RealPlayer and the tutorial?

Many thanks...
    Gentle Bump...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Gentle Bump...
    Ouch! watch where you're steppin', pal!

For what it's worth, I have a Sprint 650, and I'm in the endless reset loop fiasco myself. This may be a non-discriminatory bug we're dealing with!