1.    #1  
    Hello fellow Treo 650 owners i recently purchase and installed the new Ringo Pro 3.89 and running a problem with it. Each time the the program is loaded to the RAM the phone goes on a never ending ( Network Search ) and when deleted from the RAM the phone resets and goes back to its normal setting. I tried loading it to my SD card but with little success, for some reason the program manages it ways inside the RAM. Do you guys know any known patches for this program or is there any alternative. Sucks the i wasted $30 for this program. Your prompt response would help.
    same issue here, talk to tech support they had me do all kind of stuff. finally they said take the phone to the store for a replacement, i seen your post removed ringo and what do ya know. no more network search!!! others have been having the same problem also.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...network+search

sorry i just copied the version number from the above post. i have or had the latest version of ringo pro 4.39. and the network issue went away when i deleted it. i then installed it again and it happened again. ringo is responsible!!!!!
    Last edited by Franko515; 05/15/2005 at 11:49 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason23
    Hello fellow Treo 650 owners i recently purchase and installed the new Ringo Pro 3.89 and running a problem with it. Each time the the program is loaded to the RAM the phone goes on a never ending ( Network Search ) and when deleted from the RAM the phone resets and goes back to its normal setting. I tried loading it to my SD card but with little success, for some reason the program manages it ways inside the RAM. Do you guys know any known patches for this program or is there any alternative. Sucks the i wasted $30 for this program. Your prompt response would help.
    You realize Ringo is at version 4.39 don't you? The 650 didn't even exsist when 3.89 was released. Where did you find that version at??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
  5.    #5  
    ooppps i meant 4.39 typo
    thanx for pointing out ringo. I removed it and now my network issue as well as my white screen freezes in sms has been fixed.. ringo was a waste of money and each release tends to be worse then the last . really sad but oh well ..just have to start looking for another app for ringtones...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    hey guys not to worry about your Ringo Pro just download the 4.38 version and down upgrade to 4.39 here http://minibrand.handango.com/servle...&secw=5040af35. I reinstalled the 4.38 trial version and so far so good i tried resetting my phone about 5 times and everything seems to work out fine.
  8.    #8  
    ooppss i meant DO NOT upgrade your Ringo Pro to 4.39. Just stick with the 4.38 version for now.
    My Ringo Pro 4.39 is working just fine, no network search problems and no resets.
    Hi Folks,

We have fixed this and posted a revised 4.39 version to http://electricpocket.com/ringo.zip.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards

Steve.
    Mine didn't have this issue, but even with this updated one, it still have that 1/2 second of music/noise when you answer a call.

I have gotten around it by using mRing & pTunes, but hopefully Ringo will fix this as I spent $30 on their program and it's not working as advertised -- yet. fingers crossed.
  12.    #12  
    Hey Thanks ElectricPocket i just downloaded your 4.39 updated version and its working fine . I did a few resets and its working beautifully thanks. Good job guys and a quick response
    The new 4.39 fixed the Network issue for me and corrected another issue.

The issue it corrected was when I assigned a picture to a user I setup in Ringo it would make that the default picture for all callers and I could not get it to stop doing that. Now it works properly. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also, I have an issue and I won't know if this new release has fixed it until later today. When I setup a user for my home land line number, no mater what name I gave it, it would not use the ringer I pick for my home number but would instead use the default ringer I picked in Ringo for all callers. This would only happen for my home number and not any other numbers I setup a custom ring for. Anyone else seen this?
    While were on the subject of Ringo.

Does anyone know if I can edit an existing or create a new group? I would like to be able to have a custom group in Outlook and reference it in Ringo to set a ringer faster for a whole group of numbers.

For example:

All 10 of my office numbers would be in a group and have the same ringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalOverlord
    While were on the subject of Ringo.

Does anyone know if I can edit an existing or create a new group? I would like to be able to have a custom group in Outlook and reference it in Ringo to set a ringer faster for a whole group of numbers.

For example:

All 10 of my office numbers would be in a group and have the same ringer.
    Yes, either click the icon in the lower left (the one with two people), or from the Ringo Menu, Options>Edit Groups. You can figure the rest from there.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes, either click the icon in the lower left (the one with two people), or from the Ringo Menu, Options>Edit Groups. You can figure the rest from there.
    I won't let me change the group name or add a new group.
    The Groups would be created (or renamed) in your Contacts program. Then you'd go to Ringo and assign a tone. Unless you wanted something seperate from the Contacts catagories. If that's the case, I don't think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The Groups would be created (or renamed) in your Contacts program. Then you'd go to Ringo and assign a tone. Unless you wanted something seperate from the Contacts catagories. If that's the case, I don't think it's possible.

Ahhh, I will try changing it there.
    Well... The update worked for a day. Then my Treo started crashing again. So I checked today and now there is 4.391 version. That fixed the crashes so far.

Does anyone know where you can read what they fixed or changed in each revision.

Also, what versions of ptunes are you guys running with Ringo? I'm at 3.0.8.
    Last edited by DigitalOverlord; 05/20/2005 at 07:03 PM.
  20.    #20  
    hello DigitalOverLord try installing the prc file on your SD card. Part of the Ringo Pro would still load on your RAM. I installed mine on my SD card and so far no crashes also i noticed that the 1/2 MP3 song doesnt show up anymore.