Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here is the latest mystery in the "Non Synching Problem", solve this and I think we'll all be able to sleep...and sync

With my 650 in the cradle I open Pocket Tunes and the 650 and my computer immediately set up a connection, evidenced by

1. Palmone listing showing up in the Device Manager listing
    2. Palm Handheld(saul) showing up in Windows Media Player as a device to sync my Music selections to

So by logic that rules out the Cable the Cradle, becasue as soon as I try to Hot Sync
    I get Nothing, Nada, Zip.

Shouldn't that lead us to the conclusion that we have yet another Palm problem, this time bad drivers????

Just my opinion, not as savy as some of you out there and would love to hear from anyone, this is driving crazy, I've had to resort to Sync by Bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by robct
    I had this problem with my brand new 650 I got on Saturday.

It turns out that when I plug the HotSync cable "directly" in from the front, it doesn't sync at all. But if I put in the left side of the connector in first, then slowly push in the middle and right side until it's in all the way, it works fine. No idea why.
    This exactly solved my problem using two different cables. Thanks robct
    I suggest you all try this first before re-installing anything, before playing with pins, before hard resetting, before deleting applications etc.
    This post has been pretty much the same experience I've had. I think there may be a combination of problems. When my treo was new, it ALWAYS synched using a cable. Never gave it a thought. Then one day, it wouldn't sych. The pop up window in Windows never came up.

I tried lots of things but the thing that got it working again was to change the speed of the com port in setup. I took it down to 9600 and they tried it and it worked!

So that worked for awhile and then recently, it quit again. I went through and read all the posts here. I then went back and changed my speed to 115,000 and voila, it started working again! Incidentally, changing the speed in the Palm desktop application didn't make it work. I had to go to the icon in the system tray and change it there before it would work.

What does this mean? Who knows? Coincidence? Maybe. But next time you have a synch problem, you may want to try changing the com port speed in your icon in your systray.

Hope this helps.
    I have the same problem suddenly when I want to hotsyn my treo600 today. And now I solved this problem.

if you ever hotsyn successfully, suddenly today it can not. I can assure 90% that your cable is running bad now. Normally windows will show unknow usb devices and your usb device may malfuncation, blah,blah.

One of easy solution is to call Palm one and get a new cable.

The other solution need a little DIY. I cut my ubs cable open which connect the treo600. I found that there are four pins. However, one of pin with white color is disconnected. I use tools to solder it. Then assembler again. Everything runs normally now.
    this should be a sticky.
    Anyone who is having intermittent problems with a T650 that sometimes begins to Snyc and doesn't at other times....... Any of you folks syncing to two different PCs.

I think I've noticed something, but have to go back and forth between home and work to prove it.

Once I snyc to a PC, subsequent syncs seem to go trouble free. When I go to snyc to the other PC, the first sync is never initiated. After cancelling (by unplugging the cable, hitting cancel) every subsequent sync seems to be OK. I've snyced several times today at work - first time failed, all other OK. If I go home and the same stuff happens, it will be the beginning of a pattern.

Will keep everyone updated.....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Ha. Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I can't even use my cradle. I have to use the cable. And to get it to work, I have to swallow some fresh water and then lick the connections! Weak!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    Anyone who is having intermittent problems with a T650 that sometimes begins to Snyc and doesn't at other times....... Any of you folks syncing to two different PCs.

I think I've noticed something, but have to go back and forth between home and work to prove it.

Once I snyc to a PC, subsequent syncs seem to go trouble free. When I go to snyc to the other PC, the first sync is never initiated. After cancelling (by unplugging the cable, hitting cancel) every subsequent sync seems to be OK. I've snyced several times today at work - first time failed, all other OK. If I go home and the same stuff happens, it will be the beginning of a pattern.

Will keep everyone updated.....
    Well, my theory is shot.... after syncing all day at work, it syned right up at home and continued to do so.

Gotta figure that it's a connector problem, 'cause I get the same intermittent results with two cables on two different comps.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    I have a travel kit (USB-Palm), with a 12v auto and a 110/120 wall plug where the right-most pin on the palm-side adapter gets pushed in. When it does, the treo will charge when "plugged in", but it won't sink until I get the jeweler's screwdriver out and manually pry that puppy out...

fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    This does seem to be a common problem. It is the new connector. Just un-plug & put back in until it works!

I have a Seidio crade for use in the car and it works all the time, so I think it is palmOnes connector. I just hope that the P1 cradle is better when it becomes available over here in the UK.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I just got a new Palm Cradle for my T650. Having had no problem syncing with a cable, I found syncing with the new cradle wouldn't work at all.

In testing the cable that came with the cradle, I found it worked on its own if I pressed it firmly into the Treo slots. So then I tried pressing the Treo down firmly when it was in the cradle and pressed the sync button and it now will sync...at least in my first 30 minutes of testing it.

Seems like an unnecessary effort but it does seem to do the trick.

JC
    My Problem is a little bit different. I installed the Palm One Desktop and HotSync software for one of the higher-ups at our company and configured it to sync his Contacts and Calendar from Outlook. Since then we haven't really had any issues. Yesterday he asked me to configure his email messages to snyc as well. I opened up the "Customize" or "Custom" window and set his email to syncronize email as well as the other folders. Now when I try to sync it will syncronize everything I selected except his email his messages. Any suggestions?
    Nothing better than sitting at my desk pulling the copper wire with a staple. Then stabbing myself...then trying to resync again and it working and me going whooo hooo....

What a gypsie operation that was...
    I still see my laptop losing all inkling of a presence of anything at the end of the Treo USB cable. I switch USB slots, try conencting with Softick Card Export, take of my clothes, dance around room in clockwise circle while spinning conterclockwise seems to work.

It's becoming a real problem tho, 3 employees quit in last month citing "Problem Associated w/ Palm Hotsync" and they don't even have Treos.
    So I thought I had it all solved...and now I come into work with my new cradle and now i cannot sync again! This is IRRITATING
    Goodness. Since going with a Bluetooth adapter, nothing other than the basic charger has hit my Treo 650. I am so glad not to be tied to the hot sync cable. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I would call P1 back. Heres the thread where we discussed this before here you have to say that if you wiggle the cable then the sync begins.
    I went to the thread and it went on for pages. Can anyone provide the Palm 1 phone number and magic words to use?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Please help with this challenge:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126092

Thanks!
    I had the same issue with my old 650, a replaced 650 and now my 700. New cables didn't help either. The bluetooth adaptor I have on my other computer always worked everytime, so I ended up just getting another Bluetooth adaptor and doing away with the cables. They're cheap enough...one even free after rebate. Yah, they're slower, but they are fine for my purposes and they work perfectly every time.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Where can I find bluetooth for my PC? Thanks!
    Anyone have any luck getting Verizon to replace this cable free of charge? I am out of the 1 year manu warranty but have the extended warranty through Verizon.

On the phone now...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast