Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've dropped my 650 more times than I can count. I just can;t seem to get used to the larger size... Last drop did it in. It cracked the touch portion of the screen. LCD portion is fine. I've been searching for a replacement screen, but I can't seem to find anywhere to order one from. My phone is a Sprint 650 modded to work on Verizon. Now that Verizon is offering the 650, I am going to switch to a true Verizon model, but I'd like to repair the one I have to make it easier to sell on ebay.

Anyone with a parts connection?

Thanks!
    Aaron
    wanna sell a device that you dropped countless times?

because of people like you I stopped buying on ebay.
    How can you be so careless as to drop a $600 phone more times than you can count? Sorry, but this is just unbelievable! And I agree with beelzebueb. Even if you do repair the screen, the inside is probably messed up! It would be fraud to sell it without disclosing that you dropped it all over!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I agree with beelzebueb and lady treo...give it up. And as for selling on eBay...something just seems wrong about that.
  5.    #5  
    Everyone is sure quick to berate me without the facts. How would selling my phone on ebay be fraud or wrong? I'd never sell it without disclosing the facts. I merely want to repair the broken screen. How dare any one of you insinuate that I would. The three of you are exactly why I don't frequent communities like this anymore. Everyone is always quick to pounce on other users and point out their lack of knowledge, differing opinions... you fill in the blank. I don't know why there are always some that are so pitiful that they get satisfaction thinking that are better/smarter than someone else.

The phone works fine. If I were a Sprint customer, I would have no issue keeping the phone. I merely want to get a Verizon version so I don't have the small quirks that come from running a Sprint phone on Verizon. But then again it is probably some kind of fraud to even do that....
    Sorry Joatman, but what can some be expected to think? Dropping a $600 phone more times than you can count is just plain careless!! No way to get around that! How many dings or cracks does it have? Lots of drops also can mess up the insides, phone may not be working at the end of the year. Then you want to sell a modded phone that's been dropped a lot on Ebay? Unless you're selling it for parts, it won't sell if you reveal all that, unless the price is VERY low. Especially with all the models available that are in better condition. Well maybe some sucker will buy it.

Did you ask PalmOne to repair it? They obviously have the parts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I hear of someone who drops their Treo numerous times, I have nightmares for weeks!!!!

I think most folks here treat their Treos with the same loving, tender care that they do their own offspring, and to have dropped it "too many times to count" is the equivelent of being a "Bad Parent".

Please, get some counseling or help. I believe a seminar may be in order.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  8.    #8  
    If someone made a case, clip or holster that would hold the treo well enough, I'd buy it. I'm an active person, and none of the 3 different different devices I've tried has been able to keep it secured on my side. None of the other phones I've owned have posed a problem.

As far the phone not working within a year... I'm sure that Palm has put their products through more abuse than I would ever think of. If it can't handle a couple of drops, it doesn't need to be on the market. My phone is a tool. Yes, it is expensive, but I would never equate it to an offspring. If someone is that obsessive of an object, they would be the one in need of a little head check, not me. I can replace a phone. I can't replace my kids.

I am apparently in the minority on this board. Since no one here is able to help with the original question, I'll continue to use my abused Treo until I get a replacment Verizon model, then send it off to Palm for repair. So beware when a Treo shows up on ebay... it just might be my misused and abused phone.
    I use EGrips and they make my 600 sticky as glue!

If you do get your screen fixed, or get a replacement, I recommend getting a set of EGrips as soon as possible!
    i have a suggestion....buy a 650, any version, and replace the screen in your unit with the new one.....then keep the old one rather than foist it off on some unsuspecting newby
  11.    #11  
    No one gets it... When it is time to sell my current Treo, everything about it's history will be disclosed. I would never hide information about it's history to a potential buyer and I never said I would. Everyone here just assumes the worst. Just like I stated in a previous response. Not a single person here has answered the original question. Only DHAnderson has posted something remotely close to helpful advice. Everyone else posts about how bad I am to want to pass my broken Treo off on to some poor unsuspecting sucker. I'm done bickering. I am going to enjoy what's left of my weekend.
    Well, this guy says the inside screen on his is broken http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I'd come WAY closer to cannabilizing a broken 650 than a new one (I can't believe the guy up there that suggested that). I think as long as you disclose what the thing went through then it's NO problem to sell it on eBay. It's amazing that when I see someone post where they got ripped off I see a good number of posts saying "you should have known better, buyer beware (or caveat empture or whatever)" but then we get all the champions of the "newbies" when this fellow wants to sell his phone. He asked for a suggestion on where to buy a screen and he gets an impromptu ethics lesson about selling on eBay? Oh well, dude if I see a screen I'll PM you the link.
    Later,
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by joatman
    If someone made a case, clip or holster that would hold the treo well enough, I'd buy it. I'm an active person, and none of the 3 different different devices I've tried has been able to keep it secured on my side. None of the other phones I've owned have posed a problem.
    I don't have an answer or comment on your original question, but this piqued my interest.

Exactly what problems have you experienced with cases - problems with the cases themselves, or their belt clips, or what? I use the PalmOne form fit case and belt clip, and I've never come close to feeling like it was insecure.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    fair enough joatman if you really do the undoable: sell a dropper treo. the benefit of doubt may be with you. post the ebay-link when you sell it. looking forward to how you title it:

- notorious dropper for sale

- unkillable 650

- dropped too often, but hell what quality, it still kinda works!

- mind not the deficiencies of this former beauty: to have or not to have, that alone is at stake.
    My phone is a tool. Yes, it is expensive, but I would never equate it to an offspring. If someone is that obsessive of an object, they would be the one in need of a little head check, not me. I can replace a phone. I can't replace my kids.
    Joatman, this was just my attempt at a little humor (very little). I feel for you and since I have been through drops with other devices, I take every possible precaution not to have it happen to mine. I agree about the durability factor, and am always worried since I too am very active and travel extensively. I hope I do not have to go through what you did and I wish you luck with your new Verizon unit, and hope you can salvage your Sprint unit.

Hope you had a GREAT weekend....
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    No one gets it... When it is time to sell my current Treo, everything about it's history will be disclosed. I would never hide information about it's history to a potential buyer and I never said I would. Everyone here just assumes the worst. Just like I stated in a previous response. Not a single person here has answered the original question. Only DHAnderson has posted something remotely close to helpful advice. Everyone else posts about how bad I am to want to pass my broken Treo off on to some poor unsuspecting sucker. I'm done bickering. I am going to enjoy what's left of my weekend.
    You can always contact Palm One and see if they can replace the screen.
    And have them check the insides too just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    Well, this guy says the inside screen on his is broken http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I'd come WAY closer to cannabilizing a broken 650 than a new one (I can't believe the guy up there that suggested that). I think as long as you disclose what the thing went through then it's NO problem to sell it on eBay. It's amazing that when I see someone post where they got ripped off I see a good number of posts saying "you should have known better, buyer beware (or caveat empture or whatever)" but then we get all the champions of the "newbies" when this fellow wants to sell his phone. He asked for a suggestion on where to buy a screen and he gets an impromptu ethics lesson about selling on eBay? Oh well, dude if I see a screen I'll PM you the link.
    Later,
    JW
    Do you really think one that has been dropped a lot and had the screen replaced will sell for a good price or any price at all(if the problems are disclosed, that is)? I would pass if I saw that, and others might too because there are so many others that are new or in good condition. Which is why I think people may be getting suspicious. A phone with those disclosures is much harder to sell. Although if the price is LOW, someone may still buy it with the disclosures.

How is Master Shake, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Do you really think one that has been dropped a lot and had the screen replaced will sell for a good price or any price at all(if the problems are disclosed, that is)? I would pass if I saw that, and others might too because there are so many others that are new or in good condition. Which is why I think people may be getting suspicious. A phone with those disclosures is much harder to sell. Although if the price is LOW, someone may still buy it with the disclosures.

Well I never said it would get a lot just that it was not morally wrong and terrible for him to do (As long as he does disclose that the screen was replaced due to a drop). I think working he'd get about $200 right? that's why I wouldn't spend more than $100 replacing the screen. Really I think he should just sell it as is and hope someone else needs it for parts, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Still an @ss... I don't know why I still live with that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    I agree with beelzebueb and lady treo...give it up. And as for selling on eBay...something just seems wrong about that.
    There's nothing wrong with it AS LONG AS he makes the condition of the phone clear. Something like "it's been dropped numerous times, touch screen doesn't work, display cracked" should be enough disclosure for a buyer who reads before she or she bids (which is the way they should operate anyway). It's perfectly acceptable to sell such a unit as "DOES NOT WORK - FOR PARTS ONLY."
    congrads on dropping your treo. Just a little response to the people beating you up about dropping your phone the same phone you paid for. It's natural to drop your cell like many other things we drop. But I believe its less understandable for those who sit at their computers all day which limits their chances of dropping theirs. Good luck on the replacement and go forward with your ebay idea as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast