Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I registered Ringo and have tried up to the newest 4.39 version that they have on the site today... it's actually getting worse.

anyway, are there any OTHER programs that you can set groups / indivs / default ringtones, etc that WORKS?

thanks in advance
    nope. IMO, callfilter was the best for the 600 and it't not out for the 650. Though they say it's coming, personally I'm doubtful.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    What about treoguard...doesnt have the mp3 ringer option?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    thanks -- I'll see about treoguard.

tried Lightwav and didn't see that it was able to play mp3s off of my SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop
    thanks -- I'll see about treoguard.

tried Lightwav and didn't see that it was able to play mp3s off of my SD card.
    Lightwav was the first mp3 ringtone app for the T600/650 and it can play mp3/wav/ogg/wma using pocketTunes off the card and in RAM. lwav also comes with its only wavPlayer if you dont want to use mp3 ringtones. lwav has voice callerID and sms blocking, custom full screen jpg/gif an animated gif callerID.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Lightwav was the first mp3 ringtone app for the T600/650 and it can play mp3/wav/ogg/wma using pocketTunes off the card and in RAM. lwav also comes with its only wavPlayer if you dont want to use mp3 ringtones. lwav has voice callerID and sms blocking, custom full screen jpg/gif an animated gif callerID.
    AND...at no additional cost...it comes with a whole slew of bugs that Toysoft will neither admit exist nor fix. Smiley here won't even reply to comments that mention bugs and instability in all of their software. What a great product!!!
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    AND...at no additional cost...it comes with a whole slew of bugs that Toysoft will neither admit exist nor fix. Smiley here won't even reply to comments that mention bugs and instability in all of their software. What a great product!!!
    Sir, you are being unfair. He does offer fixes. They just involve buying other Toysoft products.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    treoguard: let's you assign one mp3 tone to all callers, if you have pockettunes installed

mring:let's you assign mp3's to indiv contacts or contact groups, also need pocket tunes
    dont mean to be cheap about it but is there a free alternative?
    I dont think so but I think a couple of these programs only cost 8-10 bucks (plus you won't have to pay for your own ringtones.)
  11.    #11  
    thanks everyone. will try Lightwav again using the mp3 fashion mentioned, also will try mring.
    I'm using LightWav on my 650 with no problems - and no other Toysoft apps installed.
    Lightwav is still pretty buggy in that it can turn the screen on for no reason and keep it on (very bad for battery life). It's also got a bug where the background sound feature won't work at all. Ringo is much more stable right now.
    i got ringo a few months ago and i never had any problems with it. other than the fact that for a split second the ringtone keeps playing after i hang up the call.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Ringo has worked FAR better for me on my 650 than Lightwav. Nothing like rebooting the phone every time a call comes in and Lightwav kicks on. Lightwav is an extremely buggy program, probably the worst I have used on the 650.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Ringo has worked FAR better for me on my 650 than Lightwav. Nothing like rebooting the phone every time a call comes in and Lightwav kicks on. Lightwav is an extremely buggy program, probably the worst I have used on the 650.
    Silence! It's an undocumented call-screening feature...you didn't really want to take that call anyways.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Phbone Technicial : al;so let's you assign one mp3 tone to all callers, if you have pockettunes installed
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Silence! It's an undocumented call-screening feature...you didn't really want to take that call anyways.
    True, but there's nothing quite like the inevitable "Good thing that $600 phone doesn't answer calls" comments from your wife.
    I'm back!
    I use Ringo and agree that over all it works fine.
  20.    #20  
    hmmmmm. found something very unique out ... in mRing, if I use the hard button to answer, it gives the same 1/2 sec "static" when I answer, but if I use the softbutton on the screen it does not ... ?

Ringo has that 1/2 sec static either way (hard or soft button answer) ...

trying Lightwav to see if that is the same with them...
    Last edited by The Bishop; 05/16/2005 at 11:28 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast