Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Yes! For that reason alone I uninstalled mRing.
    that's very odd. It detected it fine on mine. Probably some other piece of software on your phone - do a hard reboot and see if it still does that after you install pTunes then mRing fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop
    that's very odd. It detected it fine on mine. Probably some other piece of software on your phone - do a hard reboot and see if it still does that after you install pTunes then mRing fresh.
    I decline. Unless I'm having serious issues with my device, there is NO software that profound which would make me want to do a hard reset just to see/make it work.

Right now I am using TreoGuard.

Now, if I get tired of hearing the same ringer for all my contacts, I may take your advice into consideration. <insert smile here>
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3.    #63  
    funny thing, that -- I just updated to v2.7 of mRing and it's an uber-buggie horrible nightmare ... naturally I didn't think to make a copy of v2.6a while I had it...

even after I did a hard reset (I don't mind, I'm masochistic like that), it still hoses up.

/me wants v2.6a back
    For those using mRing and pTunes together, pTunes has to be installed on the phone along with mRing. mRing cannot read pTunes off of the SD Card. Once I installed both in the phone memory it worked fine. Now I just need to know how to get the side buttons to silence the phone when it's ringing. Any ideas?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    For those using mRing and pTunes together, pTunes has to be installed on the phone along with mRing. mRing cannot read pTunes off of the SD Card. Once I installed both in the phone memory it worked fine. Now I just need to know how to get the side buttons to silence the phone when it's ringing. Any ideas?
    actually v2.7 doesn't require pTunes at all -- although I do have pTunes, it is on the SD Card, and mRing works great ... with a small nag: sometimes when I get two SMS in a row it will go into a loop and can't get out of it.
    Bishop, does your side buttons silence the ringer?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    mring 2.7 works fine for me - like it better than ringo....but no silence with side button
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    with new version of Ringo, I cant control my Sony 660 bluetooth from the connect/disconnect button. I confirmed this by installing/uninstalling - version 4.39. I have to hit the end button on touchscreen and sometimes thats even iffy. Cheers
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9.    #69  
    I can't seem to use either of the newest versions of Ringo (4.391) or mRing (2.7b*) well at all.

I am using v2.51 of mRing, but 2.6a worked great too (both require pTunes)

* All versions of 2.7 are listed as such, although I've tried 4 different ones that worked better or worse and were listed as such
    Can someone please send me the file-mRing 2.6a? to josh. smileyboy at gmail.com

thanks
  11.    #71  
    if I find it / get it I'll hook you up. v2.51 works good too ...
    Whatever one works, send it my way. thanks
    been using Ringo now on my 650 for two weeks and I havent had any problems at all.
    no thanks. i tried it tooo O:
    someone hook me up please. I need version 2.6a
  16.    #76  
    I don't have that version. I DO have 2.51 -- PM me with an email addy to send it to.
    Mine keeps playing the MP3 after I press "answer". My callers like the music, but it makes conversing difficult.....Any ideas?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234