Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Lightwav is still pretty buggy in that it can turn the screen on for no reason and keep it on (very bad for battery life). It's also got a bug where the background sound feature won't work at all. Ringo is much more stable right now.
    lwav doesnt turn on your treo. the bug has been fixed in 5.4.
    what back ground sound are you referring to? the cover up? if you have T650 you can not play and sound during a phone call. PalmOne had fixed this on the T650 where on the T600 you can play sound during a call.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I use Ringo Pro and have had no problems. Tried Lightwav first, but it would reset my phone on an incoming call. Once I switched to RingoPro, haven't had any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    How do you know if it turns on his treo or not?

Great support:

USER -> My treo keeps turning on when i user your software
    DEVELOPER -> No it doesn't
    USER -> OOOOOH, wow, that was a great fix. Thanks for all your help.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Despite what smiley says or thinks, it's been well documented in these forums from a number of people that Lightwav, to put it kindly, is less than perfect.

I personally found it to be the worst software I installed on my 650, but that's neither here nor there. I bought RingoPro and haven't had 1 reset since.
    I'm back!
    The sarcasm expressed by some here is disheartening...I am appalled.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I am appalled.
    Smells like sarcasm......
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Smells like sarcasm......
    Lead by example, I always say.

And I would've recommended a program to The Bishop, but he said not to say it... therefore, I shall spell it!!

R-I-N-G-O

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    what back ground sound are you referring to? the cover up? if you have T650 you can not play and sound during a phone call. PalmOne had fixed this on the T650 where on the T600 you can play sound during a call.
    Wrong. 5.4 still turns on the display at random times and crashes the phone on an incoming call every once and a while. When it turns the screen on, it doesn't deactivate the keyguard, but the screen will remain on for the user-defined time-out period (mine is set to 2-minutes). Major bug that can kill your battery life. Since removing it, not a single problem with the screen turning on.

Try spending a little more time as a developer and a little less time as a shill.
  9.    #29  
    Lead by example, I always say.

And I would've recommended a program to The Bishop, but he said not to say it... therefore, I shall spell it!!

R-I-N-G-O
    hahahaha.

I already have that one and paid for too I might add.

Very odd thing -- I did the uninstaller for it, and thought it had deleted everything for it. Well, when the updated v4.39 came out earlier today I thought I'd try it again and see if it would work and not give the "1/2 second music burst" but lo and behold it did still... the thing was, as soon as I installed it, it put back the song selections that I had had prior to removing it, and even after I tried to change those in the program it would not accept them. Any ideas there?

So, is there anyone here that does not get that 1/2 second music burst before/after with Ringo? If so, what mp3 do you use and can I get a copy to try? I even tried some of the free mp3s on Ringos downloads from inside the program and THEY did that 1/2 woe. I'd say it was the Treo except that using mRing & pTunes it works fine as long as I use the softkey on the screen to answer the call ... ?
    I'm not getting it. Although in the past I have. I tend to think it may something to do with pTunes...maybe pTunes turning on/off for a split second. Dunno. Hasn't happend in quite a long time.

right now withh 4.39 I am not getting the 1/2 second playing after hangup, and I never had an issue before answering the call.
    If you're still looking for a cheap simple alternative, you might try Phjone Technician (mine). It gives mp3 ringers and some other features for $8.5 - though it is 'one-ring-fits-all'
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    right now withh 4.39 I am not getting the 1/2 second playing after hangup, and I never had an issue before answering the call.
    Bloody Brilliant! I was still using an earlier version (4.26 or something) so I upgraded. No more ringer burps after a call ends!

Woohoo!
    just use phone technician
    it just does its job
    and nothing else
    Tried mRing and it doesn't recognize that I have P-Tunes. Anyone else experience this?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16.    #36  
    I'm not getting it. Although in the past I have. I tend to think it may something to do with pTunes...maybe pTunes turning on/off for a split second. Dunno. Hasn't happend in quite a long time.

What firmware are you running?

I just did a hard reset, and ONLY loaded Ringo v4.391 (newest, just got it) and indeed it still does the noise / music right as you answer the phone...

(edit: tried a few different settings with mp3s I know work with mRing and it *might* just work) ...
    Last edited by The Bishop; 05/21/2005 at 07:36 AM.
    I like the Ringo, but I to am having trouble with receiving a call and upon hanging up I get a short burst of music and the whole treo reboots. ?? I am running firmware 1.08 prl 10027. Ringo is version 4.39
    NEVER had any problems before this with reboots. to weird.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    mRing works flawlessly with pTunes. There's a lag of about 2 seconds between the call showing on the screen and the .mp3- this lag is more likely the SD card than mRing.
  19.    #39  
    update to Ringo....

THIS is a good one. I got lucky I think.

Anywho, it occured to me that the first time when I registered it I had installed it AFTER I had installed Crash. So I tried that... did a hard reset, installed Crash, registered it, then installed Ringo, registered it and .... it's working?!

go figger. I have no answers. But since it's working, that tells me that maybe the PalmOS is ghey? I dunno. sigh.

nevertheless, it works for now so I thought I'd come on and give some love back instead of just blasting.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Agh... I spoke too soon. I upgraded to 4.39 and it's an unstable piece of garbage. I'd get resets within 5 seconds of answering a call or lockups/resets after a call.

Went back to v4.29 for now.
    I'd rather have the burst of music after the call than my treo resetting all the time
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast