Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I keep seeing reviews on other sites where people have said the earloop broke on several models. Or that some models shattered when dropped. Some of these models were $100 and up! Mine is a little flimsy itself(HS820). How many sets can you go through in a year if heavy usage ends up breaking the earloops?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. #2  
    I removed the ear loop on my HBH-660 but have dropped it on concrete numerous times and not had a problem. It's so light that I really wouldn't expect it to suffer too much damage.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I removed the ear loop on my HBH-660 but have dropped it on concrete numerous times and not had a problem. It's so light that I really wouldn't expect it to suffer too much damage.
    Ah, finally a post that says no ear loop!!!

    MarkY, please tell me that you can use the HBH-660 without the ear-loop. How exactly are you doing this? Eargels? Would really appreciate if you can post pics of your headset. Thanks in advance.

    The only other headset that I heard can be used without the over the ear crap is the ez talker. But that does not work well with the Treo
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    MarkY, please tell me that you can use the HBH-660 without the ear-loop.
    Take a look at the pics in this thread - that's exactly how mine looks (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=5&pp=20). I did find that the eargel would work itself lose after a while so I ended-up using SuperGlue to keep it on. It's been that way for about 4 months and I haven't had a single problem. I only need to use a little glue and I'm not worried that I couldn't get it unstuck if I needed to.

    With the eargel I found the ear hook got in the way so I stopped using that almost immediately and can insert the 660 without any problem. I just keep it in my pocket until the phone rings. Actually, the 660 works better for me with the eargel then the ear hook. Sony really should have made it this way from the start.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Take a look at the pics in this thread - that's exactly how mine looks (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=5&pp=20). I did find that the eargel would work itself lose after a while so I ended-up using SuperGlue to keep it on. It's been that way for about 4 months and I haven't had a single problem. I only need to use a little glue and I'm not worried that I couldn't get it unstuck if I needed to.

    With the eargel I found the ear hook got in the way so I stopped using that almost immediately and can insert the 660 without any problem. I just keep it in my pocket until the phone rings. Actually, the 660 works better for me with the eargel then the ear hook. Sony really should have made it this way from the start.
    Thanks MarkY. I will order mine ASAP.
  6. #6  
    Just as an FYI on this thead,

    I just received the new Treo Branded headset over a week ago, and after hearing about the eargels with the Sony 660, I tried it with the New Treo Headset and...Voila...it is awesome. It has allowed me to hear better, and taken away the wobbly feel that it had with just the earhook.

    I have had the Moto HS850, the Jabra BT, and I am really really happy with this new Treo branded one (TWH) with the eargel.
    Last edited by MattM2G; 05/18/2005 at 04:08 PM.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G
    Just as an FYI on this thead,

    I just received the new Treo Branded headset over a week ago, and after hearing about the eargels with the Sony 660, I tried it with the New Treo Headset and...Voila...it is awesome. It has allowed me to hear better, and taken away the wobbly feel that it had with just the earhook.

    I have had the Moto HS850, the Jabra BT, and I am really really happy with this new Treo branded one (TWH) with the eargel.
    Is the ear hook removable? Did you try wearing it without the ear hook? Thanks.
  8. #8  
    Lady Treo: how long does the battery in your 820 last? I have the same one with my Jabra A210 adapter. Thx.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9. #9  
    i find i lose my bt headset more than i drop it... i've been without it for a week now cause it's somewhere under a stack of papers in my office!
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunilseru
    Is the ear hook removable? Did you try wearing it without the ear hook? Thanks.
    Yes, the earhook is removeable, and yes, I can use it with just the eargel and without the earhook. I just like the added secure fit by using both when I am moving around alot. When I am just in the car or at my desk, I use it without the earhook. Very comfortable.
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Lady Treo: how long does the battery in your 820 last? I have the same one with my Jabra A210 adapter. Thx.
    It's new(only about a week old), it's still running on the first charge. I haven't used my headset for the last 3 days, but the battery seems to still be charged after about 16 hours of usage.

    I should make it clear that was standby time mostly, not talk time.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #12  
    I also just joined the Treo 600 BT headset group and am surprised I didn't take the time to look into this earlier. I also have the Jabra A210 adapter and the Motorola HS820. The adapter came in the mail today (from midwest to Honolulu, Hi in four days) and am pleased so far.

    On the adapter, I have the slide switch set in the middle position and am very impressed with the very quick, if not immediate switchover. Now to see if turning the headset and adapter off then back on keeps them talking.

    Ben
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I also just joined the Treo 600 BT headset group and am surprised I didn't take the time to look into this earlier. I also have the Jabra A210 adapter and the Motorola HS820. The adapter came in the mail today (from midwest to Honolulu, Hi in four days) and am pleased so far.

    On the adapter, I have the slide switch set in the middle position and am very impressed with the very quick, if not immediate switchover. Now to see if turning the headset and adapter off then back on keeps them talking.

    Ben
    I think you will be very pleased with the combo...if only the bt in the 650 behaved as well.

Posting Permissions