1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to speed up the hotsyncs? I come from the PocketPC world and the syncs there takes seconds. Hotsyncs takes minutes. Why does it take so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    Is there anyway to speed up the hotsyncs? I come from the PocketPC world and the syncs there takes seconds. Hotsyncs takes minutes. Why does it take so long?
    I am not sure...my hotsync usually doesnt take more than a minute (and I am syncing docs to go for school). Are you syncing that plus a bunch of pictures or emails or attachments?

You can go into the hotsync and pick and choose what you want to hotsync? Maybe try that?
    I've heard the opposite, that PPC syncs take minutes.

On USB, a hotsync without AvantGo or something like that takes under a minute. I suspect you've got something installed that's doing a backup at sync or syncing some other type of data.
    If you have alot of conduits active (Epocrates, AvantGo, Docs2Go, etc...) - it can take a while. There is a program called NotSync that allows you to set sync-profiles so you can do quick-syncs or full syncs.

http://www.ultrasoft.com/NotSync/overview.shtml
    I think GoSync is a little simpler than NotSync. Once the profiles are set, you just right click on the icon in the system tray and choose which one to use.